Monday, August 25, 2008

Aren't Vacations Supposed To Be Stress-FREE?

So yeah...we're on vacation....down here in the lovely North Myrtle....

One of our very best friends is staying at our house to keep the kit-kats company while we're gone.

Funny thing is, right at this particular moment: 12:16am.....as much as I appreciate our friend taking care of our babies for us, I would almost prefer to be back at our lovely QUIET house keeping the kit-kats company MYSELF!

I am ashamed to admit, I am having very un-christian thoughts right now.

For the second night in a row, there has been a party going on upstairs between the hours of 10pm and 3am. Last night we called the cops at 2am b/c the music was loud and they were either very drunk and trying to sing along or else they just really couldn't sing. I'm pretty sure it was the former, since you could smell the alcohol from our balcony. I am also pretty sure that there is a basketball involved due to the incessant pounding that goes on every time they are up there. And we do know EVERY time they are up there, have no doubt. If they're not doing any of those other things, they're rearranging the furniture or SOMETHING which involves the noisy scraping of solid objects across the floor.

Like today...naptime. The kids were rudely awakened after a very short time, thanks to the herd of elephants upstairs. Munchkin couldn't go back to sleep. She claimed her ceiling fan was a monster. After lying in bed tonight for over an hour looking at the ceiling and listening to the banging above us, I can understand perfectly why she would think that. And as a matter of fact, I determined if they wake her up tonight, I will take her upstairs and knock on their door and then explain to her...in front of them.....that it's just the people being loud and it's not a monster in her ceiling fan. Of course, after they woke KC up a little before midnight tonight, he was aggravated enough, that he marched up there and knocked but they wouldn't answer, so they probably wouldn't have answered the door for me, either.

I have seriously wished I had a few tubs of vaseline to take down to the parking deck....to give them a little irritation in return. All I'd have to do is find the cars with the parking permits that are so handy to have the apartment numbers written on them....and a big gob of vaseline would be waiting for them when they pulled the handles to open the door. Luckily for them, I have no vaseline, but I AM still in possession of a conscience, as well as the memory of several Bible verses..."A soft answer turneth away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger" as well as the "turn the other cheek" commandments.....*SIGH*

So now I have given up trying to sleep and decided to come vent a little. And it will do no good to call the cops again, last night, they turned off the music after the cops came, but everything else got louder. We called the realty company today after last night's drama, but they can't do anything....there are no house parties allowed in their condos, but they don't have control over the one above us...they said to call them back if it continued....please, God, let them move us to the other side of this condo....and on a different floor....surrounded by condos in which house parties can be controlled.

After not sleeping last night, and then the kids not getting all their sleep today, we've had a rather testy bunch today....guess I'll have something to look forward to tomorrow as well. UGH. the stress, the STRESS!!!! On the bright side, K-man has LOVED the beach and waves so far....this being his first trip to the ocean and all. And also on the bright side, Munchkin (while being a little more tantrum-y than her usual self) is not even close to being the Jekyll/Hyde creature that appeared on our last trip to the beach (you know, the one that throwing the most disturbing things up at us in her little....and not so little....fits). Well, I consider that pretty major progress. I'm going to be positive and count on it continuing to not be like last year.

If only I could have been asleep before they got home tonight...they went out around 7:30 and got back sometime around 10:45....we went to bed at 10:30 and I was THISCLOSE to being all the way out when the pounding started up again and then there was no rest for the weary. I tried to take a nap today, when the kids were taking a nap, to try to make up for the hours of lost sleep last night, but no good there either...for me OR the kids.

How incredibly frustrating.

We even checked the other rental places to see if the place above us is operated by any of them so that we could report them, but didn't find it listed anywhere. I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining, b/c vacation is wonderful....except for the inconsiderate hooligans in 3B who happen to be doing their best to stress me out. See, the whole time I am typing this, I am listening to them pounding above me. It is now after 1am, I have yet to find a wink of sleep, and I am exhausted. Last night, it was 3am before they finally went to bed. And then our kids were up at 6:45-7am....

I absolutely cannot deal with this all week. Wow, this has turned into a book....I should go away now.

I'm going to go google this condominium again just to make sure we didn't miss finding someone to take care of this problem.

(not so good here) night.

PS If you pray, could you please pray that we parents somehow get 8 hours worth of sleep in 3 so that we can keep up with our kids tomorrow that are so far (miraculously) sleeping through this? And that tomorrow the realty place will solve this problem with no hassle other than perhaps the inconvenience of us having to cart all our stuff to a different floor? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks.

PPS This is not to discourage our friends who are planning to join us this coming weekend...hopefully, we will have this irritating little problem taken care of by the time you get here....and if not, we'll have three men we can send upstairs together to "take care of business" (ROFL....just kidding on that last part, but serious on the first part...LOL) Oh, by the way, I'll call you guys this week if we can't get the problem solved and you all (since we are such experienced car decorators) can bring plenty of supplies....toilet paper, crisco, the works. ROFL.....sorry...I'm still having a bit of un-christian thoughts plaguing me....guess I could use some prayer for that, too.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds relaxing..fun..enjoyable! Well not really...but I do hope things get better for you. You can't really enly enjoy your vacation when you're not getting any restful sleep. But hey, putting sticking stuff on their handle sounds fun! I haven't done any thing like that in YEARS!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness... I say join them. JUST KIDDING OF COURSE!!

    I say go know em out. JUST KIDDING!!

    Hope they move out SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can crash parties...and then we can go on having our party!!! We are still planning on coming, rain or shine. I told Mariano just to sit inside and read a book would be okay with me.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)