Thursday, July 31, 2008

Slump

Sorry for not posting as often as usual...kinda just been in a little slump. I've been reading everyone else's blogs and not taking the time to post my own. LOL.

Quick catch-up

Yesterday, KC called at 2:15 and said he had to make a quick trip down to *a town about 2 hours away* to pick up some stuff for work and did I want to go with him? I said sure, why not. So I rounded up the kids, threw some snacks and drinks in a bag and we left at 3. Took a few VERY LONG detours out of the way, thanks to some bad directions on Mapquest, but finally found the place and picked up his stuff. Headed back home and when it was obvious that there was no way we would be able to make it back to church (at 6:30, we were two hours away from home and trying to find somewhere to eat.....somewhere accessible.....this town had a real problem with making you drive around the world to get somewhere and very difficult to turn around anywhere if you changed your mind. LOL), we decided to just go ahead and stop at a couple of stores to try to find a new comforter set for our room. Got home around 9:15.

Today was Munchkin's day to go to the school with K-man (different class now that she's four though), so I decided it would be a good day to get my errand-running done. Things like getting my hair trimmed, that is much more challenging when you have kidlets along for the ride. Anywho, I tried to go pick out and buy some paint for Munchkin's room, but ended up leaving with just a bunch of samples. We were going to go with green, but after getting in there and looking at the paint samples and trying to match them up with the pillow sham that I took in with me, I really wasn't loving green. For one thing, it looked totally UN-girly. After looking at the samples, I was feeling the urge to buy pink....the one color KC was completely against. So I knew better than to just buy it....I decided to bring the samples I liked home and let HIM come to an agreement with me before I purchased. LOL. Smart, huh? Yeah, well....I've learned a few things in the almost seven years we've been married. Actually, sometime in the next week or two, it will be seven years exactly from the date that we got back together for the third time and "got serious." *grin* BUTTTTTT......THAT's an ENTIRELY different topic altogether. LOL!

So there you go. TOTAL random ramblings.

We're gonna hit publish and call it a post. LOL. Sorry if it disappoints you....what can I say? It's a talent of mine. ;-)

Later!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get the PINK paint ! We are going to take the teddy bear (nursery) stuff out of Carters room . Makes me a little sad ! My parents bought him a Thomas the train bedding set . It's really cute - looks like a big boy . I recently bought a comforter at Target for our room - love it ! Thanks to Amy's help we worked (hanging pictures and curtains ) in my room last week .

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, it is these "random" posts that keep me coming back for me. :)

    I am just now getting back in bloggie-land... so I understand. I sort of envy your ability to make such randomness of life sound so interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)