Saturday, July 26, 2008

Naturally.

In a season of drought, the day that it WOULD have to rain.....would be today. I'm sure that has to be one of Murphy's Laws. LOL.

So I got up at 5:30 AM, got myself ready and got the K-man up and left by 6:30, got to the fleamarket at 10 till 7, unloaded all of THIS:

K-man quote getting into the car: "How'd you DO this, mommy????"



And after 2 hours, it started raining. Just a drizzle. Kinda like we were hanging out under a soaker hose....you wouldn't think a little drizzle could be so wet! So by 10, when the downpour started and it was obvious the rain was going to be sticking around for a few hours, we packed up our wet things and hightailed it out.

The good news, in that somewhat dampening 3 hours, I managed to sell a good bit of the more valuable, large sized things, which made the return trip less crowded and somewhat richer. Like $150 richer....LOL. The bad news, we finally found a used bunk bed on craigslist (about 50 miles from us) that we can use for K-man's room and we went and got it tonight....$200. So my $150 walked right out the door almost faster than it walked in....with interest. Ain't that the way it goes???

The bunkbed is a Lexington brand....it's a little beat up, but still in good shape and included the mattresses, which you can't beat. Plus, we got there and realized that it's a lower L-shaped bunk instead of the regular height bunk beds (I thought the picture they sent us was just distorted...LOL!).

This is the picture they sent us.....this is not K-man's room, although when I get it painted, it will be some shade of blue....Anyhoot, it's perfect for the K-man b/c if, by some chance, he manages to roll over the rails, it's not that far down, plus he'd very likely just land on the lower bed.

Well, then tonight I made two of those ice cream cakes (one for the carry-in dinner at the church tomorrow, and one for a little joy for KC and me...hehehehe), so that took me a little while.

I am supposed to make a casserole, too, but I figured I'd be forgiven if I run out of time on the casserole....I'm still going to try to fit it in...probably before church in the morning. Being as how I've been out of bed before 6:30 for 2 days in a row now, I figure...hey, why break the rhythm now...LOL.

I am super, SUPER tired though. Moving all that yardsale stuff back and forth, grocery shopping while it rained, going and getting that bunk bed (which was upstairs in an old house and not quite completely taken apart yet....well, it took a bit of maneuvering and several trips up and down the stairs to get it all outside to the truck....and then there was loading and unloading it), getting home and doing the dishes and then making those cakes and doing the dishes again....

Well...it's been a day. I'm ready to go to bed. I'm sure I'll HAVE to go see if there's anything interesting been posted today, first, though. LOL. But after that, then bed. *grin*

Later!

7 comments:

  1. Hey... the vehicle can't look like that on our NY trip!!!!!
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL!!!! What, mom? You mean you need a little more personal space than that??? You mean you wouldn't be comfortable riding 14 hours like that??? *TEEEHEHEHE* Well, okay then....we'll try not to let it look like that on the NY trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My... ROFL!!

    LOL!! Goodness! You know how to pack em in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the bunk bed. and I am glad that you made pretty good at the flea market. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the yard sale. I thought about you when it started to rain. But it seems you didn't do so bad after all. LOVE the new bed. I might just have to get one of those little dandies for my boys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bed is really cute!!! I like it and I think the blue would go really well with that too! Maybe next time we will have better luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GOOD GRIEF GIRL!!!!!!! You certainly can pack a car. You got Skills!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)