Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Humph.

I hung a curtain rod tonight. That included removing the old one, lining up the new one and discovering I'd have to make a new set of holes, figuring out which anchors to use, drilling a hole in the wall (special thanks to Morgan for the refresher in changing a drill bit...hahaha), screwing the new brackets in the wall........yada yada yada.

I hung a curtain rod. I can do anything. (ROFL!!!!)

Well, my hubby is home from all the way across the country (the great state of Washington on an overnight trip --- doesn't that just make you tired thinking about it? Yeah, me, too!) Well, anyways, he's home, and he's about to hit the sack, so I am just going to post a bunch of pictures from the very busy last few days and try to keep the words to minimum tonight. *grin* IF I can. HA!


K-man's room project: BEFORE























K-man's room project: AFTER (I LOVE IT!!!)






















The fat cat likes the bunkbed, too....he's already found a favorite spot. *GRIN*





















A random picture of my beautiful sunflower....these poor things...somehow they've managed to survive, although I'm not sure how....I never did transplant them to something besides the 12 inch pot I planted them in originally.....I think there are about 6 or 8 stout sunflowers in this pot.....I wonder if they might be rootbound....they didn't grow very tall. HAHA.

And last, but CERTAINLY not least.....the Munchkin's room. New bedspreads (Thanks again, Sis. T....I LOVE them) and the matching valances, which we had to go buy the panels to match to keep the room darker for Munchkin to sleep. And of course, you can't see it under the curtains, but you know it's there....the infamous "Faith-hung" curtain rod. *GRIN* The shelves above the bunk don't match the new stuff, but I'm very seriously contemplating painting them with my acrylic paints to match the rest of the room. The Barbie Dream House will just have to clash....I'm not even going to think about changing ITS color. *smiles* And I'm not certain if the walls in here will get repainted or not....it'll be a little while....I'm not really feeling the paint itch at this moment. LOL.

Kay....that's it. I'm done. We've been very busy bees around here. In between all this, when Morgan wasn't helping me do this stuff, we redesigned her blog header, and did the math tutoring stuff.....got through 6 lessons, she got all her homework assignments done, AND we went over a bonus lesson right before she left and she took an "extra credit" lesson for homework. Way to go, Morgan! And thanks again for all your help. Couldn't have done it without ya, chicka.

Oh yeah, the Mexican Macaroni was a HIT at the church dinner on Sunday, and for the girls that have asked about the recipe....I'll try to make that a post with a picture very soon....*grin*

Going to bed now.....Later!

6 comments:

  1. I love the rooms. they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Gr8. You have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new blog look!
    Love the rooms!
    Love it all!
    We have those same flower shelves in my oldest daughters room. I think you should paint them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new bunk beds ! Great job on the rooms .

    ReplyDelete
  5. The room looks wonderful. And I'm totally looking forward to the Mexican Macaroni recipe. We are stuck in a rut for what to eat at our house. I'm needing new, easy fast things to add some zip to our lives. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... looks great! Will you come to my house and hang some curtain rods in my house? :)

    Please???

    Oh, by the way... if ya come, ya gotta bring your camera and take some pictures too. :)

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)