Saturday, June 28, 2008

Random Thoughts

I think it should be a given, that if KC is going to play an audio book on his computer, and then immediately fall asleep in the chair, leaving ME as the only one listening, that he should choose a book that might possibly interest me, rather than a book on the strengths and weaknesses of the Lincoln administration. BO-ring. No wonder he fell asleep.

I found some really weird looking things in the munchkin's hair and panicked and called my friend at 9:30, b/c she used to work in a daycare and knows these things. I think we have ruled out the possibility of lice and determined it is probably hairspray buildup that isn't getting washed out of her hair with the baby shampoo that I've been using, however I am now itching from head to toe with the thought of it. Thank heavens for good friends. Even if her hubby answered the phone in a whisper and I was sure that I had called after the kids were all asleep. EEEK. Her hubby and my hubby are SO two peas in a pod when it comes to their *evil and mischievous* streaks. LOL.

The attic is *very* *warm* in the summer, but if I have to start working at night, I will get this job finished. After a few hours up there this morning, there is some definite progress. Coming downstairs and not having the gumption to take anything else up there today wasn't progress, but we'll just have to keep doing it a little at a time.

We were going to grill out tonight, but it came a thunderstorm about 4:30. Now I'm kinda glad b/c I pulled out some frozen ravioli for supper and it was SO good.

It is so very irritating to me when the munchkin asks me for something and then after I'm out of the picture (like when I go to the shower), asks her daddy for it, and he, not knowing that I had said no, lets her have it....and then for me to *TRY* not to make a big deal about it, being that it's late and it's more important for the house to stay peaceful if possible. *grrr*

It is cracking me up to look over at the hubby next to me. He's all reclined out and the white cat is up on his chest and the black one is on his lap, using the white one's rear end for a pillow. ROFL!!! Too bad I'm too lazy to go get the camera.

I never did remember to call my mom today. SORRY MOM! I thought of it several times and went to get the phone and got sidetracked every single time. Next thing I knew it was like....late. Anywho, to answer your question, the respite care we're supposed to do next week is for that little boy that I had to turn down a couple of weeks ago. I figure we can handle one week, especially since he'll be going to school 3 of the 6 days we'll have him, so it will really only be the evenings. I'll try to remember to call you tomorrow, in case you don't get a chance to read this. *grin*

It's 10:30....I'm going to bed now.

3 comments:

  1. The asking Mama for something then asking daddy, or visa versa...well that is an oldie. Very normal and frustrating. You catch on after a while. Very smart when you think about it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay... I so agree about the audio book thing. Once you get that worked out, will talk to Kevin? And I can't believe you didn't get up to get that picture of KC!!? LOL! I would have been too lazy too. Besides, the moment I get up, our puppy follows me so I wouldn't get the shot. But thanks for the detailed description!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't noticed Garrett playing me and Mike against each other yet. I'm sure it's coming though.

    I wondered what Mike was laughing about when he handed me the phone the other night...now I know. And he and Casey are DEFINITELY two peas in a pod.

    Speaking of hubbies, I'm missing mine right now.....

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)