Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Don't Know How I Feel.

Well, I got a phone call for an 8 year old girl and a 2 year old boy (2 out of a 4 sibling set but there is nobody in the county with place for all four) and they are currently in care and their other two siblings are also in care. These two are needing to be moved b/c their current foster parents are not cooperating with all the parties involved (the other parties being DSS, the foster parents with the other two kids, the visitations).

It's a complicated situation, but we know the foster parents who have the other two and I even called them and chatted for a little while to get a few details about the situation in order to make an informed decision. I know we could have worked with it, but we're just not sure that we're ready to be a family of six. The kids don't have any major issues with behavior or health or anything, so we could have done it, but it all boiled down to KC and myself not feeling "ready" to go from a two kid family to a four kid family right this minute.

So I called the social worker back and said no. I did tell her though, that if they couldn't find other placement, to please call us back. And then I called the other foster mom back and told her our decision. She completely understood.....which made me feel a little better.

Now I'm just not sure how I feel about it. I wonder if it might not have been a selfish decision not to take any more kids right now so that it doesn't inconvenience our life now that things have somewhat settled down. Then again, maybe it was the right decision that we really might not be able to handle having another kid in diapers and one that has to be transported to a different school district in another county (court ordered for the rest of this school year)...... Then again, maybe I just don't like telling people "no." LOL.....I should clarify....I don't like telling people over 4 feet tall, "no." LOL!!!!

I just don't know. Except that if they call us back I'd say yes. But for the time being...we're still a two kid family. And I'm cool with that.

Oh....and I haven't told KC yet, but I told my friend a few hours ago that, "yes, I'd ferret sit again for the weekend." LOL. He hates that ferret smell, but I don't mind it....I like the ferret. *grin*


  1. Ugh. Tough call. For what it's worth, I think you made a wise descision at this time. Maybe in a couple of months. But you need to adjust to your new daughter and life as a stay-at-home mom. Those are big life changers.

  2. Anonymous8:55 AM

    I agree with what Janelle said. There should be time later for more additions. You don't want to feel like you are cheating the family you already have.

  3. It's always difficult to make those kinds of decisions. I would probably be second-guessing myself too if I were in your shoes.


Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)