- Court started at nine. Love that judge. He had pretty much cleared the courtroom by 9:30.....looked like he cleaned out about 50% of the cases to be heard for the day by the time he took the first break at 9:40. Action, baby. ACTION. Get it DONE! It was lovely. Munchkin's case went like clockwork, and she's legally free for adoption now. YAY! The great part was that I was home by 10:30, and that INCLUDED waiting around and chatting with a couple of the workers before I left. WOOOHOO!
- Got lots done today. Court got me in the ACTION mode and I reorganized all three bedroom closets and have three totes of stuff packed up and about five garbage bags of stuff to go to the thrift store. I'll probably pass the clothing bags through some of the girls at church before I send it to the thrift store though since there's good stuff in there, just stuff I don't wear anymore and I was RUTHLESS when I was weeding out. Action, baby!
- Cleaned off the top bunk bed, so we now have an available "spot" in case we get a phone call. When I talked to the social worker today, she said that her team has about 8 kids that will be in court to be removed in the next few weeks/months, and they may be calling us. I told her ix-nay on the abies-bay, so we're probably looking at 7-10 age group. By the time they call us, I'll be quitting work anyways (LORD WILLING) and it won't be such a killer to get to all the appointments and schools and laundry an all that lovely stuff. Okay...less words....this bullet is full.
- Finished KC's valentine right after lunch today...it turned out cute. I should take a picture of it, but the ACTION mode is wearing off a bit and couch potato mode is KICKIN IN -- BIGTIME.
- My Hubby made his blog public again and wrote me a valentine (all together now: "AWWWW"). (I wrote mine to him OFFLINE, thankyouverymuch).
- Dawnie called today. That was really sweet....we had a little chat. I was very encouraged by what we talked about. Very cool.
- Munchkin had a better day today at school. They told me that she went in to her speech therapy and apologized to her teacher first thing for her behavior in the last session that resulted in her speech therapist having to CALL me as a last resort b/c she wouldn't listen at all. And her speech therapist sent along the message through her teachers that Munchkin's session today went MUCH better. YAY!
Okay....less talk. So we'll end there.
Oh and thanks for the comments on my weird dream...LOL!!!