Friday, January 18, 2008

Locked Out & Getting Older (but not necessarily wiser)

Well, at the rate we're going, my husband is going to be such a skilled lockpick, he may be able to give thieves a few lessons.

LOL.

I got to go to work today....I'm not sure how it happened since the county schools were closed, and the daycare supposedly follows the school schedule, but I called just in case and sure enough, they said they were just on a two hour delay. So I was able to go in to work even though I was a little late.

Then about 2 this afternoon, my husband emails me. I got it about 2:30 and emailed him back but got no answer so I just took off and headed home.

The story is, he left his phone at home this morning. I was supposed to be home all day cuz schools were closed, so he didn't bother trying to find his house keys to take with him this morning. When I left, his house keys weren't in the key basket, so I didn't even think about him not having keys to get in if he came home before I did.

His keys? Were in the car I was driving underneath a pile of junk. (Yes, junk....I have two kids. But for the record, it would have been the same story without the two kids....I'm kinda lazy about cleaning my car, much to my husband's chagrin.)

Spare key? Inside the garage.

Garage door opener? On my car only.....which I was driving.

His phone? In the house.

How did he contact me? Well, he opened his computer and used the wireless internet connection from the front porch to email me. LOL.

So by the time I get halfway down the road, he calls me. He broke in. It only took him 40 minutes.

There's definitely something to be said for short commutes. Thank heavens we don't live in a ice cold region. This wasn't one of the warmest days, but I guess it could have been worse. LOL. It's just a good thing my husband is resourceful b/c I wasn't much help. Haha.

OH well.

The good stuff is that I now have snowsuits in kid sizes. Well, kinda. Enough to get by for now anyways, so if it snows again tomorrow like they're calling for, me and the kids? We're taking it outside!!!!

I found a size 3 at the thrift store today that is in neutral colors, so one of them can wear it. Munchkin tried it on when I got home and I think it will fit her perfect for now, and when I find one in a bigger size, I'll just pass that one down for the K-man. And then my mom dug out of storage the 24 month snowsuit that my brother and I wore when we were babies and loaned it to me for the K-man. I think it will work for what's left of this season, but barely. I haven't tried it on him yet, but when I held it up to him, it looked a little iffy.....but we'll make it work. I think it's kinda cool that he will get to wear a snowsuit that I wore when I was a kid. LOL.

*sigh*

I've had the head buzz again today. Stuff is getting old. Kinda like me. In about 2.5 months, I'm going to be a quarter of a century. Sheesh.

At the rate my body is falling apart, you'd think think I was twice that. I am going to really hate getting old. I was talking to Kat on the phone the other day and we were talking about how we're starting to see wrinkles when we look in the mirror. I think she's about a year older than me....um.....and we're both too young to have wrinkles. Mine are right between my eyebrows....and I know it's cause I'm always crinkling up my eyebrows when I'm working on a computer. Ugh. And we won't even talk about hair that grows where it's not supposed to.

Did I mention what my husband said the other day? He said that I need to make sure when I get old, to wax or something to my upper lip, cuz he doesn't want to kiss someone whose mustache is thicker or darker than his. And he wanted to tell me that now, so that I won't hit him for saying that when it's really an issue. LOL. I hit him anyways. HAHA. I can't help it, upper lip hair is hereditary in my family. And it's already started. That's how I know I'm getting old. EEEEEEEEK.

Well. I love my husband. Hey, he married me even knowing that upper lip hair could be an issue. That's LOVE. *GRIN* And no worries, honey, I'm investing in stock in facial hair bleach. Do you think I should also invest in a wrinkle remover stock?? No, wait. Don't answer that. ;-)

I'm going away now.
Catch ya'll later!

=) =) =)

(PS You know I'm laughing, right? It's all good. It's Friday. Now if I were saying all this on Monday, it might not be so humorous, but on Friday? Yeah, we're cool. Ya'll have a great weekend! =)

(PSS I'll get pictures on here again someday. I'm having camera issues right now. I have a new camera but don't have the adapter that I know how to use or all that stuff, plus I've got pictures on like three different cameras now, so I'm all confused. Oh wait, forgot the camcorder...make that four different cameras. Like I said. I'm confused. I'll get over it. When I'm dead. =) =)

(PSSS I forgot this: Random Munchkin Quote: **very seriously** "You keem for me if you need me, oKAY?" --said while poking her head in the door of the bathroom while I was....ahem....taking care of business. I was all confused, so I asked her, "do you mean 'holler if you need me?'" to which she replied, "yeah, (emphatically) KEEM (scream) for me if you NEED me, oKAYYYYY????" Guess she must hear me say that a lot. ROFL)

4 comments:

  1. Have fun in the snow! And with the lip wax thing. OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hehe* At least he had some fore warning right?? And I LOVE that he used the laptop from the front porch to e-mail you!!! I laughed out loud on that one! Very.....ingenious?....creative??..Not sure which would apply *grin*. I also enjoyed the munchkin quote. She was cracking me up in church tonight. Too many things to remember and write. But she's definitley a character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, well, I am reading this beast......and I like it. Nice blog! You will probably see my comments ok? By the way tell Kman he NEEDS TO HURRY and email me back!!! Well, have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:25 PM

    >>>>At the rate my body is falling apart, you'd think think I was twice that. I am going to really hate getting old. I was talking to Kat on the phone the other day and we were talking about how we're starting to see wrinkles when we look in the mirror. I think she's about a year older than me....um.....and we're both too young to have wrinkles. Mine are right between my eyebrows....and I know it's cause I'm always crinkling up my eyebrows when I'm working on a computer. Ugh. And we won't even talk about hair that grows where it's not supposed to.

    Did I mention what my husband said the other day? He said that I need to make sure when I get old, to wax or something to my upper lip, cuz he doesn't want to kiss someone whose mustache is thicker or darker than his. And he wanted to tell me that now, so that I won't hit him for saying that when it's really an issue. LOL. I hit him anyways. HAHA. I can't help it, upper lip hair is hereditary in my family. And it's already started. That's how I know I'm getting old. EEEEEEEEK.

    Well. I love my husband. Hey, he married me even knowing that upper lip hair could be an issue. That's LOVE. *GRIN* And no worries, honey, I'm investing in stock in facial hair bleach. Do you think I should also invest in a wrinkle remover stock?? No, wait. Don't answer that. ;-)<<<<

    Some of tha' call 9-1-1!!! Wally is gaspin' for breath an' won't stop laughin'...

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)