Thursday, January 03, 2008

The "Having More Patience" Thing?....

Well, I'm not doing so good on that resolution so far.

As evidenced by my exasperation at having to get up with K-man at 2:15 and pat him back to sleep.

Well, actually that first time wasn't THAT exasperating. It was when I had to get up again at 2:45. And then again at 3:35. And then when I went back to my bed at 3:40, he was still crying. So I laid there and tried to ignore it until 4:10 when KC got exasperated and got up. So I got up. Patting didn't work. Holding didn't work. Changing his diaper didn't work. I finally got him to wake up and THAT worked. Course, by the time he got calmed down and I got him back to sleep, it was 5.

Was I patient? Not very.

I've decided to change that resolution.

I think I'm going to resolve to....uh.....take more pictures instead. That sounds much more do-able.

*sigh*

I'm so sleepy.
Now I have to work....and I don't know how I'm going to keep my eyes open long enough to do it. *sigh*

Later.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry! But hey, seriously... you need to change that New Years resolution to something that you can measure. It is difficult to measure "having more patience" so you just might be being too hard on yourself. Find a way to quantify a resolution like, when I start feeling stressed I am going to take 60 seconds breathe and pray, and then tackle the situation. I like the idea of taking more pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'm even going to post new years resolutions. I thought about it and then was like nahhh...*grin*. I LOVE the new look. Can you let me know where you get all the cute digital scrapbook stuff?? And you are more than welcome for watching munchkin. Anytime..*grin*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new look on your blog!!!!!

    And for resolutions, Delilah (radio host) had a good idea. everyone's resolution should be "be true to oneself".

    ReplyDelete
  4. honestly...I didn't make any new years resolutions b/c that way I don't have to break any. *grin*

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)