Saturday, November 17, 2007

So Pathetic

That's totally how I'm feeling today. I was thisclose to crying this morning...I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done....and feeling a dreadful need to get away from it all for awhile.

So I did.

I left the kids with mawmaw and went to the first scrapbook day I've had time to go to in while. I purposely just played....no projects, no feeling bad cuz I didn't get them done. I just needed a break. It was lovely.

Of course, once I got home and had a sudden remembrance of why I wanted to get away....LOL...just kidding. Nah, it was good....and now I get to be overwhelmed again. Oh well.

I'm actually thinking the true reason I was feeling like crying this morning is b/c my blog has been suffering from lack of updates lately. *wincing* I'm turning into a lousy blogger these days. I will get back into it if I have to start doing a zillion an one memes or quizzes or just even posting a picture...this is going to have to get back up there on my priority list....especially since I decided to list it on the family christmas card this year as the way to keep up with our ever changing life. LOL. So I guess that means I'll have to make especially sure now that I don't get behind. Sheesh. I can hardly keep up with our family and I'm the one who's s'posed to keep it all together. *sigh* Like I said...overwhelmed.

Ah well. Someday I'll have interesting posts again. *sigh*

In the meantime....off for some more sleep.

Oh yeah, we went to my parents for dinner tonight and my hubby is a gnocchi fan now....and so is the K-man. First potatoes we've gotten him to eat that haven't been fried. WOOHOO. Too bad they're so difficult to make, or I'd do them to trick the kiddos into eating them more often...LOL. Gotta love my daddy!! That's the second time this year he's made them for his baby girl....and this time it was for her family, too. AWWWW.

Anywhoo....

ZZZZZzzzzzzz

3 comments:

  1. Oh faith, I'm glad to hear you had some time for yourself without feeling the pressure of deadlines and completion, just enjoying the moment. I know when I have the rare time away from my family (whom I love very much..lol) I almost feel like I'm in a different place all together..maybe I'm kooky but its very calming and I appreciate them so much more when I get home to their madness!
    What is gnocchi? Just curious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are better parents, better spouses, better friends, when we get some time away to regroup.

    And BTW - you know I was checking your blog like everyday and you were hardly posting... then I go away for just a few and look at you!! LOL! Glad you are posting more often again! I will be back in the groove soon. This semester has been draining me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a much needed break and a very sweet daddy!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)