Sunday, October 28, 2007

Recipe for the Longest Weekend EVER!

One child coughing continuously from bedtime Friday night until 6:00 Saturday morning.
Two parents taking turns trying to find something to help the coughing so the child and the parents can sleep
One loveseat recliner to pile up two parents and one coughing child for the remainder of the night
Various pointy child body parts jabbed in female parent's back/ribs/head at 5 minute intervals throughout the night while sleeping in the recliner (which, incidentally, was built for two....not three)
One child waking up early with coughing like other child
One trip to doctor for both children (incidentally, much like the trip on Thursday...except this trip would have been unneccessary if they'd just taken care of business during Thursday's trip)
One Saturday morning spent with getting kids ready to get out the door and waiting at the dr office with two extremely grumpy kids and two parents who didn't rest very well....and then waiting in the pharmacy drive through to get prescriptions filled while two kids scream and throw tantrums in the backseat
One naptime in which the kid who stayed up all night coughing falls asleep instantly after taking medicine and the other kid screams and throws fits and refuses to take a nap or to lay down or to get up or to listen to anything mommy or daddy say or to do anything except call mommy and daddy names and tell us that we're not her mommy and daddy, while mommy and daddy try to get a nap, then finally exhausts herself and falls asleep just in time for the other kid to wake up, and neither mommy or daddy get the much-needed nap
Two doses of medicine administered after nap: steroids to clear up the croupy kids, per doctor's prescription......and they were NOT kidding when they said that the side effects are extreme hyperactivity and irritability
Two extremely bratty kids for the rest of the weekend
One Saturday evening and One Sunday which we will not even talk about.....except to say that I have a bruise and teeth marks on the inside of my left arm......administered to me during church this morning......and not by my set of chompers either!!!!

Throw all that together and you have an extremely long weekend....one in which you find yourself at least every 10 minutes checking your watch and wondering how much longer this could possibly last.

Boy. I can't wait to see the bad notes they get from daycare tomorrow!!! Whoo. They are going to have some kind of fun....after this, they'll think their usual behavior was angelic!! Unreal the monsters that this medication has created.

Seriously, I wish I were kidding.

It's been bad. I haven't even felt like blogging. That's saying a LOT!!!!

I actually wouldn't be here now if it weren't for the fact that I'm trying to NOT be a blogger who skips too many days at a time. Like the four people who have been doing really good on my private friends blog list.....but haven't posted....in the last day....or four. Or the ones on my regular friend list.... *SIGH* I think I'm addicted. Blog ya'll! LOL! I'm missing you!

Okay. Well, I'm going to go now. Denise tagged me for the seven random facts meme....I'll get back to that soon...I'm still thinking about it. *grin*

Later!

2 comments:

  1. I just finished with a post, so you can rest easy! I just haven't felt inspired. I really missed you at church today. I am praying real hard for you and the kidlets!
    I admire your determination. your doing fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been posting much cuz I haven't had anything to say that people would want to read. One of those weeks.

    I haven't done Denise's meme yet either... thanks for the reminder!

    And wow... you did have a long weekend. Keilani has had some coughing fits like that too. It's miserable for all involved!

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)