Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Other Mommy *update*

So KC tries to comfort me last night by telling me that she'll forget about it by tomorrow. Well....tomorrow arrived this morning and the first thing she asks me?

"Me go home to my other mommy tonight?"

"No, sweetie, I'm really sorry."

*sad face but no tears from munchkin*

*picking her up and cuddling her for a minute* "It'll be okay though. I love you, baby and I want you to be my little girl forever....do you think you could handle that?"

"Uh huh." *huge squeezy hug from munchkin* "Me HOVE you, mommy."

"I love you, too, sweetie."

So all in all, I guess it could have been worse. I just really, really dread the final visit on Monday.


Then tonight while doing the bedtime routine again, she asked again, "Me go home with my o'mommy now??"


"No, I'm sorry, she can't come get you."


*lower lip starts quivering"


"But it's okay, baby. *insert chipper tone here* Do YOU know WHAT?? I am SO glad you are my little girl and do you know that your daddy and your mommy love you TONZ???? You know, I am REALLY proud of how you listened when you got out of the bathtub tonight. You got out as soon as I asked even though you didn't want to, and you didn't whine about it. I am so proud of how good you listened. And that's why you got to get a book before bed even though bedtime was getting a little late. You listened and obeyed me so good, that you got to get a SPECIAL treat. Isn't that COOL? Do you know that I LOVE my baby girl???"


*super huge grin now*


"Alrighty. It's time for bed now, baby. I love you! Goodnight."


"Me hove you, too, mommy."


Then wouldn't ya know it. A little while later I hear frantic meowing. I shut the cat in her room when I came out.


So I went and cracked open the door quietly and the cat zips out and I hear munchkin whisper softly from her bed, "Mommy. CAT in here!!!"

"I know. Sorry about that. I got him out. Goodnight."

I'm actually quite surprised that she stayed in bed with him meowing like that. Typically she'd get up and let him out. That's pretty good that she stayed in bed and waited for me to come get him instead of using him for an excuse to get out of bed. LOL.


Oh.....I need to scan a picture and put on here.....maybe I can do that tomorrow. It's hilarious. We were dying laughing.


And I posted this (or something along these lines) in the comments on the last post, but just in case ya'll missed my comment back to you guys:


Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it...it's very encouraging whenever it gets rough. I'm feeling a little better about it now....now that I've kinda gotten over the sting and I'm trying not to take it personally b/c i know she doesn't really understand. It will be okay. I just needed to vent a little last night. So thanks for listening and for the comments.


And Amy, of course I don't mind that you linked me on your blog....as long as you don't mind that I linked you back! *Grin*


Alright...I'm going to go mess around for a few minutes and then head to bed....maybe soon I'll post the rest of the vacation pics.....wait....I think I've got a couple that I posted on myspace that I haven't posted here yet.....
our "pends" YaYa and Dustin (who went to da beach with us....yay)

lovely brownskinned us

and our slightly sunburned "pends" again.....

Anyways..... more later.

1 comment:

  1. You have handled this so well... for her and for you. Yor ARE a good mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)