Saturday, August 18, 2007

Thanks!

Just wanted to say "thank you" for all of the support, empathy, and prayers that I have felt in the last few 'down' days. It really does mean a lot!

My friend, K, testified tonight at church about a verse that God gave her when she was battling worry over their situations.....and as a sidenote here, I don't think any of the things we're going through right now could even compare to the worry that I can only imagine she feels......but her testimony really encouraged me and especially the verse: Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. -Isaiah 26:3. And she said it like this, when our minds are on the circumstances, when our minds are on the situations we see, our mind isn't "stayed on Him" and that is why we don't have perfect peace when we look at the circumstances. In order to have "PERFECT" peace, we have to keep our minds on Christ and trust HIM to take care of the circumstances and the situations.

Thinking about that as applied to this situation that we're in with the foster care, I have realized that I was fine with the whole thing until I started looking at the situation and worrying about what we'd do if Munchkin has to leave or what will happen with the bouncer when he found out he was moving....and on it goes.....my point is, my perfect peace with the situation was gone when I started to worry, but when I put it back in God's hands, I'm okay with it again.

Now I'm not saying that I will not be devastated if Munchkin ever has to leave us. Really, she is MY baby girl (or as she's been saying lately, ME NOT BABY, me BIG GIRL!!!!) and no matter who gave birth to her, I'm so claiming her.....but it's in God's hands. The one who decides when to give life, and when to take it.....and who really has a guarantee that their kids will ever be with them past 2 or 3 or 10 or 25?? Nobody! It's totally in God's hands. And if, God forbid, my precious baby girl ever leaves me, she's still going to be in God's hands.

And there.....is "perfect peace."

"Thanks, Lord."


On a lighter note, the munchkin is talking up a storm these days. She never fails to amuse me (or otherwise move me). Even when she's not being very good.

Random things heard around the house these days......

(While sitting in time out for disobeying mom) "Mommmmyyyy not my penddddd!!!!" (for those who don't speak munchkin-ese, that last word was her word for "friend")

"Me say NO!" (accompanied by the sign language for the word "no")

"Me say uh huh!" (accompanied by the sign language for the word "yes")

"Top been gi gi gult, pawpaw!" (that was "stop being difficult, pawpaw")

"Me go to beech now? Me wait? One week? YAYYYYYYY!"

"Me hove you, Map" (this teen boy at church that she has a baby girl crush on and is constantly sitting in church poking me and saying, "where map at? gone?" "MAPPP!!!" "Look mommy! Mapppp!" "Map MY boy, mommy!" and.....welll.....you get the picture. It's quite amusing. Poor Map though, he turns red. Bless it. LOL.

"(Bouncer's Real Name Here), you come BACKKKKK!!!!!!!" (When he came into church tonight and she saw him.......and she squeeeeeeezed his neck!.....AWW!)

(After church tonight when bouncer didn't get in the car with us to go home) "Mommy, where bouncer?" "With Nikni and Big Daddy." "Why??" "Cuz they needed a little boy." "Nottttt meee!?" "No, you're going to stay with mommy and daddy." "Why???" Cuz we need a little munchkin! Is that okay??" "Uh HUH! Me hove you, mommy!" "Me love you, too, sweetie." "Daddy, too?" "Uh huh, daddy, too!"

(On the way home from church when we passed a smelly ol chicken farm) "TOP IT KIKENS! Mommy, KIKEN poopied! Me say TOP it kikens! Kikens TINK!!!!! "Oh good, I'm glad you told them to stop....they really are stinky!!!" (and then the rest of the way home we had to listen to her repeating over and over. "Kikens poopied. Kikens tink. Me say top it. Mommy, me say top it kikens, kikens poopied mommy? Poopied? Kikens tinky mommy? mommy? kikens gone? Mommmy? Mommmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy..........................")


So anyways, today I really didn't do much besides laundry and tidying up the house a bit. I did do the last paper page that I needed to do for bouncer's album that I sent with him, and now all I have is the digital stuff to send for his album for the time that he was with us. But I really wanted to get some work done for like....my paying 40+ hour a week job and that didn't happen today. Maybe tomorrow. I also wanted to work on munchkin's scrapbook. That didn't happen either. I also wanted to.....well, you get the picture.

Instead I drew on the sidewalk with munchkin, let her help me with all the chores, (she's actually pretty handy at rinsing out dishes and handing them to me to load in the dishwasher), sat in her room and read a book while she played, fixed her lunch, let her watch me clean and fill the wading pool, sat outside and read a book while she played in the wading pool.....played with her a little bit in the wading pool, walked around aimlessly through the house thinking about how quiet it was and how I should work on my computer, went to church.......well, anyways, I stayed pretty busy......but didn't do what I really had planned. Oh well. It was fun, and the munchkin had a pretty good day.

I have notice that she whines and all that a LOT less now that she's an only child. LOL. She also gets along pretty well with herself.....hahaha. Didn't hear any of that "MOMMY, MUNCHKIN TOUCHED ME" stuff either.....hhahaha. Since Munchkin really can't NOT touch herself....ahhaha.....*Sigh* I'm a little tired.

I'm going away now.

Later!

2 comments:

  1. okay... crying AGAIN! You are such a good mom. Really. This was just a good "this is life - I'll take it one day at a time" posts.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Munchkin makes me laugh! :o) It won't be long when you'll be wondering "what happened to my 'queit' time?". I'm rather looking forward to having children myself, however long the wait might be. About perfect peace, I wish my mother-in-law could feel that b/c she worries herself sick. I've tried telling her, why worry about tomorrow for it may never come. And if it does you'll have worried twice. I have felt very peaceful the past couple of weeks. God has been so good to me and helping me with all this wedding stuff. Sure things don't always turn out the way we want, but I've learned that I can't stress about it and God knows what He is doing. :o) Hope you have a great week girl! love ya! -j

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)