Sunday, August 12, 2007

Lazy Sunday.....NOTTTTT!!!!

What is that like? I've so totally forgotten!!! LOL. From time to time, I am struck with the selfish desire to have one of those again, but then reality hits and I realize it's not all that bad, and I really can't complain. I do get plenty of breaks....

Like when mawmaw and pawpaw take the munchkin and wear her out so that on Sunday when she takes a nap, she sleeps for over 2.5 hours and even then, I have to go wake her up and get her moving (usually she wakes up on her own around 1.5-2 hours) and then she was in bed and very close to asleep by 8:45. Like I said, I really can't complain.

Munchkin just keeps cracking me up with her prayers. She did another one tonight like the other night. I just chuckled inwardly. If we ever get a video camera, that's one of the first moments I want to capture. Without her knowing, of course. LOL. Oh and she got one of those little bedtime prayer bears from mawmaw this weekend and she is in love with that thing. She keeps carrying it around mashing the button so it prays and then looks up at me with this look of total awe on her face and says, "mommy! bear say amen!!!!!" And then she'll mash it again and when it gets to the end, she'll say amen with it. Over and over! It just cracks me up (and then after awhile, it kinda gets on my nerves....hearing the bear saying the same thing over and over, that is....hahah). She's definitely into the praying thing!

Not a whole lot else going on.....the munchkin had an intense screaming tantrum at church this morning. I just let her scream and cry it all out. While holding her and keeping her from hurting herself or me. Yeah, it was one of those kind of fits. Ugh. And it started with her sticking her tongue out at me in a gesture of complete defiance. She's started doing that a LOT lately. I'm not sure where it came from, although I'm guessing it probably came from daycare, but I do know I'm not going to put up with it. I explained to her at a different time than when she was in her fit (b/c there is simply no reasoning with her during those times) that sticking your tongue out when you're mad at someone is not an appropriate behavior and that it was very rude and anytime she did it, it would result in time out or losing privileges or other consequence and she seemed to understand and was okay with it. She hasn't done it since our talk, but then again, there hasn't been any circumstances since then where I've had to let her know that she cannot have her way in a situation. So.....we'll see what happens.

I know one thing....I'm certainly ready for our beach vacation. Have the housesitters lined up and they will take care of the pets and we're looking for the best deal possible on an oceanfront (or very close to) beach house in our favorite beach town. The bouncer will be moving to his new foster home by the end of this week if all goes as planned, so it will just be us and the munchkin and I think that will be plenty to handle. Vacation week cannot come soon enough for me!!!

Well, early morning tomorrow, so I'm gonna head off here now.....

Later!

1 comment:

  1. Oh you so deserve a vacation!!! Enjoy!!

    PS I don't miss those screaming fits... at all!! LOL!! But I can SO relate!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)