Thursday, August 23, 2007

Da Prodigal Bru'da

WAELLLL...... For the first time since the beginning of this year, I have seen the kid I grew up with for the first 18 years of my life. He actually came to see us......he was conveniently working in town today and needed a place to stay so he wouldn't have to drive home......LOL. But it's okay.....at least he came by to see us....

Munchkin finally warmed up to him after about 15 minutes and then she was permanently attached to his side just jabbering away at him. LOL. One thing is for sure, she shore does like him. Maybe even more than "Map" .....and that's a LOT! Pooooooor KC.....he felt sooooo replaced. I didn't take any pictures.....I was too busy playing with the new video camera...haha. Oops. I'm gonna have to be careful about that or I'm liable to end up with no pictures to scrapbook....hahaha.

Anywhooooooo..............................

I really don't have anything else to talk about. Got consulted more today. Did not get all my work done. Got home and hung out with the brother and KC and munchkin and didn't get any of my to-do list for getting stuff ready for vacation done. Oh, as a side note here, I did attempt this very painful procedure on the forests of my legs.....who invented wax, by the way?

Wait.....this deserves it's own paragraph. GARUMPH! And that stupid label that says it sticks to the hair NOT the skin was plain flat out lyin! I think actually it was just the opposite. Or maybe the trunks in my forest are just deeply rooted. I'd say this procedure worked on about 50% of the follicles.....then I plucked 25% and the other 25%, I just gave up and shaved. Oh, and I'm only talking about the areas at the knee and below.....I'm not brave enough to try yanking out multiple hairs and skin at the same time on any other parts of my body. And given the somewhat disappointing results, I'm not really sure it would be worth it. Maybe I just need wax school. Humph. And why I chose to do this tonight is beyond me. I guess cuz we were all hanging out in the living room/kitchen area of the house and the brother and KC were on the computers and chatting about all that stuff and me and munchkin were bored. So after we made cookies, she got front row seats to the excitement of sticking paper strips to mommy's legs and YANKING them off and watching mommy howl. Fun, huh? I probably should have stuck to the plan and worked on my packing. LOL.

It's been approximately 2 hours.....and my legs are still tingling. Interesting sensation, that. Not that anyone else needs to know that, but for future reference to myself.....might want to keep that information in mind. LOL. Too bad I didn't write this kind of stuff down several years ago when I first tried it.....I might have saved myself the trouble......I don't remember it being quite that painful.....and I really thought it worked better the last time.....hm.

On other, less personal things, we sat in the dark and watched the lightning outside tonight.....munchkin got to stay up a little late with us since the thunder was so loud and crashing b/c the storm was so close, that I knew she would not go to sleep anyways.....so we all looked out the windows at the lightning flashing. It was crazy....it was almost one constant thunder and flickering light.....kinda cool. It poured down rain, too....and the brother left his car windows cracked....and it was storming too much to go take care of it.....so he'll have a wet ride in the morning....Teehehehe.

Ugh. I'm really sleepy. And regretting that I didn't get a little more done for my to-do list. Ah....I think I'm going to crash now and hope that I'll manage to be awake a little early in the morning.....*sigh*

Later.

2 comments:

  1. Waxing is NO fun! OUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching lightning in the dark - TOO COOL! And the waxing thing...
    I can't do it. I can't deal with that type of pain! I think that is torture in some countries isn't it????

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)