Saturday, June 02, 2007

We Suddenly Have An Ice Cream Fit

Yes. Both of us. The two "over 3 feet tall" persons in this house. The taller of the two (KC) is having such a fit that he's eating straight out of the carton. But then, he did have the more frustrating of the two "under 3 feet tall" persons to put to bed.

Something went wonky. Ya know that magic pill that made him fall asleep last night in exactly one hour from the time he took it? Didn't work tonight.

THREE hours after taking the pill.......

KC and I finally had to take the munchkin and the bouncer to separate rooms to do bedtime. I took munchkin to the rocker and KC stayed in the kiddie room with bouncer, starting out holding him.

I got munchkin to sleep within about 35 minutes, despite the disturbing "bouncing off the walls" sounds filtering out of that room, but I wasn't sure whether or not it was safe to put the munchkin in her bed yet or not, so me an her.....well....let's just say she wasn't the only one who took a little snooze. Finally I'm getting worried....I haven't heard any sounds over the "white noise" of the fan, so are they asleep in there? Do I need to go wake KC up?

So I carefully get up and deposit the munchkin on the couch, tiptoe down the hall, and very quietly open the door.....and suddenly the bouncer pops straight up on the top bunk. Uh. No. He's not sleeping. I ask KC if he wants me to take over and he says no, to just help him, so I go up to the top bunk and attempt to keep him still long enough for him to fall asleep. At this point, I'm wondering if something happened to the blue pill which I was almost positive that I saw with my own two eyes going into his mouth. Did he spit it back out or something? I finally asked him if he swallowed the blue pill and he said he didn't remember. Great.

Anywhoo.....finally KC says okay, we're going to take a turn with the rocker, so he gets the bouncer, carries him to the rocker and starts rocking. In the meantime, I pick up the munchkin from her spot on the couch (where she is very nearly rolling off) and carry her to her bed. Tuck her in....doesn't even wake up. Perfect. Then I ready the bottom bunk for a hopefully soon asleep bouncer since there is no way KC is going to be able to lift almost 50 pounds over his head to the top bunk and clear as many obstacles as I can find in the dark out of the path from the rocker to the bed.

About 20 minutes later. FINALLY. He's out. And although I missed one or two obstacles and KC almost tripped, we got the bouncer in bed and now both of the "under 3 feet tall" persons in this house are asleep.

Now. I'm gonna finish my five scoops of Edy's Fully Loaded Choc Chip Cookie Dough ice cream and I think this "over 3 feet tall" person is going to go to sleep.

Cuz....for real. I'm exhausted. And have I mentioned that I really haven't gotten much to eat today?

Not going to help my weight there....but we left the party before I had a chance to grab a hot dog and the quick uncrustable pb & j and handful of chips I managed to grab while the munchkin was napping and KC had the bouncer out at the park, just didn't last long enough.

Ah well. Have I mentioned I'm exhausted? Bless KC's heart, I'm sure he's even more exhausted, since he went to the park TWICE with the bouncer in addition to the party. And he has to teach Sunday School in the morning. Poor honey. Oh my. Bouncer and church. Oh dear.

That settles it. I'm going now. I have GOT to get some sleep if there is going to be any hope of making it through tomorrow with the "under 3 feet tall" persons in this household.

1 comment:

  1. Okay.. couldn't make it through the entire post. Ice cream sounds incredible too good and I just started a diet. All three of us had an ice cream fit last night... but now I must forget that ice cream exsists.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)