Sunday, June 03, 2007

Open Mouth, Insert Foot

It's been one of those days. Guess it's just our turn in the ring.

Can I just go on record to say I hate the devil? Okay. Well. I do.

I'm seriously contemplating a password protected post. But then, that feels a bit like I'm backing down and my hackles are still up too high for me to consider doing that.

Ugh. Wait just a minute while I pause for a quick bit of regret that I gave anyone the address to this blog.

Pause.

Okay. I'm done now.

And I'll do the right thing and do a password protected post for what I really want to say cuz the open mouth, insert foot thing is not something I really care to do TWICE in one day.

Before I continue with the rest of THIS post, however, let me just say one thing:

what-DOUBLE-EVER!!!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Anyways. Church this morning went surprisingly well considering the circus we feel like we're living in lately. I knew better than to try to take bouncer and munchkin to choir practice and mess up bedtime for the bouncer by taking him to the evening service. Not a good plan. So I laid out and let KC (who happens to be the choir director and can't exactly skip) go without me. I kept the circus home of course. And thanks to the sweet MIL who joined me in the ring to help keep the circus from going completely crazy.

Okay. Just erased that paragraph. That one will be on the private blog a little later. Sorry.

Bedtime was the end of my last nerve for the weekend. I had a serious meltdown. The munchkin has crazy attachment issues and apparently b/c I (being by myself with two kids who both needed rocking to sleep) decided the smartest thing to do would be to do the bouncer first so that his bouncing wouldn't keep the munchkin from going to sleep, she decided that when it came her turn to be rocked, she was going to refuse to go to sleep. To the point that, after laying perfectly still and not moving a bit for 20 minutes at a time, and leading me to believe that she was asleep, the minute I laid her in bed, her eyes popped wide open. Like.....5 times in a row. KC got home in time to help me, so he put the bouncer down in like 15 minutes tonight. But tonight was my turn for problems. Finally KC tried and she laid in bed and pretended for awhile, but then I heard her again so I had to go get her to keep her from waking the bouncer. FINALLY she went to sleep (only about an hour and a half process) and now she's in bed. But I cringe every time I hear a noise. That, between all the other issues going on in our lives and in the lives all around us......well. It was just the last straw. But I'll say no more. The rest of that will be on password protect. I'll come back an link later for those of you who have access.

Alright. That's all I have to say on here for now. I'm going to the private insanity to release a little aggravation. I'm sure that will go a long way in relieving some of the stress I feel right this minute.

Later.

*Edited to add: the link to the private insanity post that completes this one is here!"

PS While I'm editing to add, here are some fitting lyrics that are running through my head tonight:

(from the movie "Chicken Little" -- and yes, that did play at the circus that was our house this weekend)

It was a recipe for disaster
A four-course meal of no sirree
It seemed that happily ever after
Was happy everyone was after me
It was a cup of good intentions
A tablespoon of one big mess
A dash of overreaction
I assume you know the rest

One little slip
One little slip
It was a fusion of confusion
With a few confounding things

I guess I probably took the wrong direction
Well, I admit I might have missed a sign or two
I ran a light past your affection
At Humiliation Avenue
I took a right turn at confusion
A left when I should have gone straight on through
I ran ahead with my assumptions
And we all know what that can do

One little slip
One little slip
It was a fusion of confusion
With a few confounding things

I get the feeling in this town
I'll never live til I live down
The one mistake that seems to follow me around
They'll forget about the sky when they all realize
This guy's about to try to learn to fly or hit the ground

It was a cup of good intentions
A tablespoon of one big mess
A dash of overreaction
And I assume you know the rest

One little slip
One little slip
It was a humble little stumble
With a big ungraceful...

One little slip
One little slip
It was a fusion of confusion
With a few confounding things

-Title: Barenaked Ladies - One Little Slip lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)