Friday, June 08, 2007

Hey

Today's Friday.

Our house is a wreck.

In the words of munchkin when she came out of her bedroom this morning and gasped in horror: "UH OH! MOOOOM-MEEEEEE???!!!"

Yeah. It's a wreck.

I'd like to say that since this morning, this evening has come, and we've improved the matter.

I'd like to say that.

Truth of the matter: it's worse. MUCH worse. As in, you can no longer walk all the way around the coffee table. The cats have to go through an elaborate obstacle course (that I sincerely hope they are not urinating or defacating in on their way through) to get to the litter box in the (ex-) office. The only way to get into the kitchen is to step over the objects in the floor and turn sideways and squeeze through the small opening between the trashcan and the table and chairs blocking the kitchen. (or you can be like munchkin and walk under the table....which is almost tall enough for her NOT to knock her head against.....almost.....heh! don't ask how I know) The only part of the house that still looks normal (although still messy) is our bedroom and the munchkin's. Don't worry....that will change tomorrow. Haha!

But there has been some things accomplished tonight....she played very nicely by herself for the most part and stayed out of our way most of the evening and we were able to get the heavy desk into the dining room and start moving the computer and all the million and one cables. I'm sure glad I have a wonderfully techno-geek....err....I mean techno-SAAVY.....hubby who knows all about what cable plugs in where. I mean, I know how to hook up a computer....power cord, monitor cable, mouse, keyboard, and basic speakers, but when it comes to networking this computer into this router and from there into this and this and from the computer into that sound board for all those surround sound speakers......well....not my cup o' tea. I have to say though....I'm rather good at squeezing my leetle self down on the floor behind the desk and passing cords through the holes that KC instructs me to.....I make a great assistant.

Speaking of my great assistant skills.....I impressed my hubby when it came time to move the heavy furniture this time.

For the record, in past history, I can't recall a single episode of helping KC transfer a piece of our extremely heavy furniture where I haven't ended up causing something to break or someone (usually KC) to get hurt due to my wonderful talent for dropping my end or running into something.

This time however, I've been practicing. I've been weight lifting. 37 pounds of munchkin, to be exact. Many, many times a day. So not only did I not drop anything this time (well, nothing was dropped b/c of my lack of muscles anyways), I also easily carried my part of the weight....in other words, he wasn't carrying 3/4 (okay....maybe he usually carries 3.5/4) of the weight compared to my 1/4.....but anyways, I carried my half with no problems.

He was pleasantly surprised. It was written all over his face. Well, that and the fact that he stepped back after we moved the first piece down and in a shocked tone said, "I'm PROUD of you, honey!!!" LOL Heh!

Anywhoooo.....lots to get done. Not enough time to do it. Off to spend time with the handsome dude that is my hubby before this friday night is all the way over.

Later.

PS Thought this was interesting, but tonight as I was rocking the munchkin to sleep, I think she was praying. I had already prayed and she had lay there for a few minutes and next thing I know she's babbling quietly to herself (but I think maybe she was really babbling to God) and it sounded like she was praying. And her eyes were half closed like she was trying to keep them closed but they kept coming back open before she'd remember to get them closed again. It sounded like she was saying something like hep poppa hep poppa hep pawpaw hep cuch anku bada suit anku ice cream anku cuch hep bada hep a b c d e je-duh ob me in my heart ama.....and more of the same.

Now I'm not sure, but I'm venturing to say the translation of that was something like: help poppa help poppa help pawpaw help church thank you bathing suit thank you ice cream thank you church help ??? help then she starts singing: (the abc song...what she knows of it) (a cross between jesus loves me and making melodies in my heart) amen. And I'm not for sure, but I know today was water day at her daycare (which is also a church) so she got to wear her swimsuit and I think they gave them ice cream this afternoon. Anywho....it was real sweet and all.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:28 AM

    Sounds like a nice moment, listening to munchkin..nice to hear something good. I really needed that. I hope your family is healthy and happy even if the house is a disaster..hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)