Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Exhausted....again.

I can barely keep my eyes open. I've done good though. (done good....sheesh. my grammar shore ain't done good......oh well. I'm tired. We're going to use that for my excuse.....LOL).

So I got the kids to school this morning with little problem. Only 15 minutes late getting to work. Not too bad.

What was bad is that in all the busyness of the weekend and traveling and getting bouncer....I forgot to call my daddy for Father's day. I got him a card on Saturday but we were out of town and then I didn't think about it on Sunday and when I got back on Monday, things didn't slow down any, so I missed it. I felt terrible. Especially when, in the rush to get out of the house this morning without being too late, I forgot to grab the card that I'd had ready two days ago....and then he stopped by work to see mom today and I didn't have it. I felt like scum of the earth. I love my daddy....he's great.....two bad he got stuck with a forgetful daughter....although normally I don't forget stuff like that, it was just crazy around here with everything else.

The day was busy, haven't had time to think, although I did take my computer and let my pictures download off my camera while I was working.....so that I wouldn't have to wait on them to download at home. Maximize all time, you know....it's of the essence anymore.

When I got home, that precious time was spent referreeing the kids, fixing supper, doing laundry, trying to get the house back in decent order, baths, bedtime, etc. Just not enough hours in the day.

They said that bouncer did pretty good at school although he was kinda wild and he chewed through his shirt collar. I'm sure it was just because it was a somewhat new situation for him and he wasn't used to it. I hope he gets comfortable soon....cuz while it's nice that he's getting a little extra fiber in his diet, that particular fiber is quite processed and could get somewhat expensive to replace on a regular basis.....LOL. Lord, love him. He's sweet. Incredibly hyper, but very sweet. And my hubby is so very patient with him. They have hit it off extremely well, which is rather amazing since his last foster mom told us that he doesn't get along well with dad figures. I just think it's great that KC is doing so well with him. Tonight took about thirty minutes with the two of us rocking them in separate rooms like last night.....not too bad. At least on my end....I don't know how it goes on KC's end. All I know is that neither one of us better get sick anytime soon b/c the other one of us will have their hands FULL! EEK.

Anywhooo.....he told KC tonight that the reason he wants somebody to adopt him is because he's afraid he'll never have a family. I think he put it something like, "nobody wants me cuz I'm too wild." Awwwww.....KC told me that after the two of them were in bed and I almost cried. It broke my heart. We haven't told him anything about adoption plans for him, we are waiting to see how things work out, so that he won't get his hopes up in case anything falls through, but I did tell him the other night that I knew that God had a wonderful family just for him and even if it wasn't with us, I knew he would have a great home and a family to love him. We also told him that no matter what happens after this, that he'll always be welcome at our house. He seemed to be okay with that. It just breaks my heart that he's so young to be so insecure about not having a family. He told his last foster mom that he was afraid b/c nobody wanted him and he didn't want to have to live on the streets. How awful to be truly afraid that that could happen to you...especially when you're only seven years old. It's soo sad. I could cry for him. And he's such a good kid, too. He is trying. Bless his heart.

We're having issues with what to call us though. Especially since the munchkin calls us "mommy" and "daddy." I told him he could call me Aunt Faith or Ms Faith or even just Faith, but I don't think he's done that one time. A couple of times he's hesitated like he's looking for what to call me, but then he'll just call me "mom." I guess a kid can have several moms. The munchkin does. Although I'm not sure I'd classify her BM as a "mom" since....at least to me.....if someone were truly a "mom" they would do whatever it takes to get their child back....not drag their feet and mess around with their child's feelings and emotions. It's so aggravating!

Oh well. Anyways. Oh my eyes are so sleepy.

I was going to post more pictures but I don't think I'm going to get to it tonight. I did set up the picture blog as a private blog. It's over in the sidebar....if you click on it, it should tell you it's restricted access. If you'd like access, please send me an email. It is open to anyone in the family or my real life friends who would like access. Because of the foster care stuff being confidential, I must limit the access to those who have met our kids or will possibly meet them sometime in the near future. Thanks for understanding.

And I haven't gotten anything posted over there yet except for a few of the pictures from the reunion that I already posted in here, but I'll let you know when I post more over there.

For now....I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)