Wednesday, June 20, 2007

All My Titles Are Beginning To Sound The Same

Exhausted. Exhausted. Wore out. Tired. Whew. Exhausted. Yeah. Well. Anyways.

Guess that is because it fits so well. Haha.

Church tonight was.....interesting.

Dealing with the kids tonight in church was like.....hmmmm.....let me think of an accurate comparison......it was like wrestling with a greased pig..... And just as noisy. Yikes. I'm not upset about it at all....I'm sure everyone thought we left early b/c we were frustrated or couldn't deal with it anymore. And yeah, it was a little frustrating, but more for the sake of those around us who had a hard time paying attention for watching the greased pig wrestling nearby, and dealing with it wasn't the easiest thing in the world. Lord, give us wisdom. But the main reason we left early is b/c his bedtime is at 9 and in order for us to hit that, we have to get home by at least 8:50. So we got them in bed tonight around 9:15. Not too bad.

He finally started calling me Faith a few times. We haven't forced the issue, but we did let him know that ma'am and hey you are out of the question.

He was really pushing the boundaries tonight though. Poor kid. As much as it frustrates me to see him pushing us like that, I have to say that I understand where he's coming from. He's so desperately looking for love and afraid that we're not going to love him that he's checking to see if we still will love him when he's disobeying. We've emphasized the fact that we love him even if he isn't doing what he's supposed to be doing or listening to us, and we don't want to put him in time out, but it's because we love him and want to help him do better. And bless his heart, he's so pitiful then. I looked down the hall tonight and he was hugging KC's neck for dear life as KC was letting him get up after a time out and reassuring bouncer that we love him.

It was really sweet tonight when we had family prayer before bed. Bouncer said he didn't want to pray tonight, and Munchkin interrupts and says, "me pray" so KC says okay, go ahead. Then she gets shy and doesn't want to, so I ask her if she wants me to help her. She says yes, so I say a little prayer and pause after every few words and she repeats them. Or tries. *grin* It was cute. Only she won't repeat long phrases, like "thank you for helping me at school," she will just say "kool" and then when I say "in Jesus name," and pause, she doesn't repeat it, she just says "AMEN!" Haha! She was really good at the "help so and so's" though. *grin*

And then when I had told bouncer goodnight and KC had told munchkin goodnight and we headed off for separate rooms, she got upset b/c she hadn't told bouncer goodnight. So I took her in his room and she ran up to his bed and hugs him and he says, "goodnight, sister" and she says, "night" and then she comes back to me and we go down the hall and she looks up at me and says "my bouncer!!" (Only she said his name, of course) It was real sweet and all.

They're good kids. It's gonna be hard to let them go. I don't even want to think about that.

I'll just remind myself of all the rest I'm going to have time for.....and then I'll cry b/c I'll miss the sweet moments like her prayers. *sigh*

I'm gonna head out now....I might try to work on some more of those reunion pictures for a few minutes. I should really just go on to bed.....maybe I'll go read a few of the blogs I subscribe to and then head to bed. I'm sure a little sleep would do me good!

Later!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, bouncer was quite boucy tonight at service. Whew- wore me out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bouncer was pretty bouncy tonight. Whew- wore me out.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)