Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Post Where I Have Nothing To Say

Well...nothing really important anyways....but....really. Today has been pretty average. No pictures. No new CD covers. No funky shirt to get complimented on....yeah. It's been average. Not even any major tantrums to get on here and gripe about or any dumb moves from the queen of klutz to talk about. But really. I like average. Don't you? Except for the fact that I have to really scrape the bottom of my brain to come up with anything to blog about. And since it's been all of what.....one day now since my last post? Well....I thought I should come at least record the fact that today has been.....well.....you know. Average.

*huge sigh*

Today was a three Dr Pepper day. This is not good. Especially not good is that I was working on two of them at one time. Yes. I had not one, but two cans of half drunk (is that the correct word here....or drank? or whatever!) Dr. Pepper on my desk at 3pm today. And since one was just a tad warmer than the other, I would sip the warm one and then the cooler one.....so it was all good. Ahhh.....precious memories. I think it's probably time to cut back. Probably would be better to quit again. The bad thing? There is a nice lovely cold 2 liter of Dr. Pepper sitting in our fridge. It's been opened for about 2 days. And it is only missing about 2 glasses out of it. Not only that, but I'm the only one around here who drinks it. I'd really hate for it to go bad. *huge sigh/moan* It is totally calling me. My mouth is watering thinking about it. Ya'll, I've got it bad. Will I ever be able to kick this stinkin habit for good? This is like the 5th addiction to the same stupid (but ever so yummmmy....) drink in the last three years....or maybe 2. ARGH!

Next subject.

Um. I don't really know of anything else to talk about. We're supposed to pick up this seven year old (although KC says I told him that the kid was eight....so I don't remember which it is) boy from his ball game tomorrow night and then we'll have him all weekend and take him back to school on Monday. I was thinking of getting a hair cut sometime soon (or I should say "trim" haha) but I think I'm going to wait until after the weekend to find out if I have any left to trim when it's all over. LOL. I really hope he turns out to be a sweet kid and not a problem for us to deal with cuz I'd love to be able to take him. His foster mom said that he is wanting a family to adopt him sooo bad. She says he asks her all the time to PLEEASE adopt him. It's so sad. I wish there were some way we could help all the kids, but since we can't, I guess we'll just help the ones we can.

Tonight the munchkin "scrapbooked" with me. Oh dear me, she was in SEVENTH HEAVEN!!!! We didn't have very long to do it cuz we had a busy evening, but I took about thirty minutes and worked on her lifebook and before I started working, I set her up with the kiddie safety scissors and glue stick and several sheets of construction paper and some of my scraps and a few discard photos in her booster seat at the end of our kitchen table where I was working. I'm not kidding, she had a BALL. She was occupied for the ENTIRE 30 minutes with cutting her paper, glueing it together and then cutting some more. She would have been occupied for way longer b/c she wasn't even close to getting tired but we had to get other things going and I don't want to leave her with scissors unsupervised. Now the creations she was making weren't really very much to look at, but it wasn't super messy (which makes mommy happy) and it was "helping mommy" and doing exactly what mommy is doing (which makes munchkin happy) so it was all good.

I'm tellin ya....this girl loves scrapbooking and star wars. Dear God, please don't let her go back cuz she's perfect in our house!!!!!! And I know that's selfish, but dear God, you know I want her to stay for other reasons that aren't at all selfish...so please?

One thing about this kid that I absolutely adore....is the way she says thank you for EVERYTHING. If she forgets, and if it's something important, like someone else has given her something or if she was begging for something and gets it, then I remind her with a gentle "what do you say?" and she promptly says it, but she rarely forgets. If I put another serving of food on her plate: "ank ooo" if I give her a treat: "ank oouu" if I help her clean up her toys: "ank ouuu" if I pull out something for her to play with or help her up or down or whatever: "ank ouuu." It's just adorable.

Anywhoo.....I gots to go here....I think I might have just heard her start crying...and she's been asleep for 45 minutes, so that is not a good thing.

Later!

1 comment:

  1. I just think that is so sweet how she scrapbooked with you. Keilani keeps asking to scrapbook with me - *insert tug of conviction here*

    Sounds like you had a good day. I hope you have an "average" weekend!

    OH... the double Dr. Pepper thing - so understand! Really I do!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)