Thursday, March 29, 2007

Update

On boss's daughter: Keep praying. It's not looking good. There was some hope that things were looking up earlier in the day, but the results of her cat scan a few hours ago showed that she has very little brain activity and a blood clot in her frontal lobe. Her parents are going to have to decide whether or not to operate on the clot, and either decision could put her life at risk. Please keep her in your prayers.

On Punkin: This hasn't been a good week for her. I'm not sure if it's got to do with the fact that I've been gone a little more for work, or if she's not feeling good and it's just showing up in her mood, or if she's just deciding to see how far she can go. She's got serious mood swings. I have a question for anybody with experience with two year olds....do they all have crazy back and forth mood swings or is this something I should be legitimately concerned about? Also, how do you handle bad days at school when they're two? I mean it's not like you can just talk to them when they get home and try to get them to understand at that point that we don't hit/bite/pinch people..... On the good side, she had a good session with her speech therapist....apparently she has made progress in the last week and now has new speech goals that we're supposed to work on with her at home. And did I say we have the mandatory meeting with the mom next week? Yikes. Nervous about that. Will she go in with us and immediately want her mom or will she cling to us and not want her mom and how is that going to go over....or how is the mom going to handle her calling us mommy and daddy....yeah. I'm a little flipped out over that. Trying not to think about it too much.

On work: Crazy. We've all been trying to pick up the gap left by my boss. I wish there was more we could do for her (personally, I mean, outside of work), but right now we're all tied up down here with this fund drive stuff.

On everything else....I did find a minute to put up a new experiment on my photo page....still need to find time to finish the rest of the edits but hopefully tonight...IF I can get out of here in time. I think that's about all that is going on for right now. I gotta get moving.

Thanks everyone whose prayed for the boss's daughter....please continue. It's a really bad situation.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)