Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Perspective

*thanks to Denise for the title idea....very appropriate for my thoughts today*

Haven't been on here in a couple of days, been really busy, had a lot on my mind that is kinda hard to write out especially when there isn't enough time to think about it.....

Ya know, its so easy to gripe and complain and be unsatisfied with life in general....feeling down, getting sick, work....ya know.

At this particular moment I'm aggravated b/c I'm sitting here at work waiting for responses from several different people in order to be able to complete the tasks that I've been working on today, and it doesn't look like I'll get what I need in time to get finished b/c I just got a phone call from a friend who had surgery on her foot last week and can't go anywhere....her kid is sick and needs to go to the dr but she can't find anybody who can take him and she can't b/c of her foot (literally). So I'm gonna be heading out in a few minutes to go pick him up and take him to the doctor and then take him back home....which I'm not complaining about that part in the least....its the work stuff that is aggravating me right now.

But then I think about what this lady on Scrapjazz is going through today....
see these links: Yesterday AM, Teegan photos, Silent Night, Update
....it makes me realize how important perspective really is. How silly is it to be frustrated about a stupid project when I should be thankful I have a job. To be thankful that I have a home and the capability to go pick up my friend's child and take him to the Dr for her. Sure I have a cold, but at least I'm still alive, and I haven't lost anyone that I dearly loved and then have to turn around and face a Christmas missing them. What a sad thought.

My thoughts and prayers are with that family. How incredibly sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)