Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy

I'm kinda sorta in a good mood today. Gooder than normal. LOL. I'm waiting on my boss so I thought I'd check in here really quick. I haven't posted in a couple of days and its not b/c I'm that busy, but its been really busy at work and I haven't had time to take a minute to post. Which is a good thing, I guess, since the days tend to go by faster that way.

Anyways, back to the "happiness" topic, I have been cleaning out the house for the last couple of days....trying to get all the "junk" (clutter) extracted from our living spaces. For one, that always leaves me with an extremely "happy" feeling b/c I hate hate hate clutter. But anyhow, I was cleaning out the coffee table last night (am I the only one who collects magazines to "read later"????....LOL) and I was dumping a few but stopped to flip through one of them and read this little article about "getting happy" that was really very interesting. The very first tip was "Fake it." Like for example when you're walking in to your office at work and you aren't in a happy mood, fake it. Smile and say "good morning" to everyone you see and before you know it, you won't be "faking" anymore. I sat and thought about this for a minute, and I think that is actually true. Another one was to read something to make you smile....and on that note:

Here are couple little pages from one of those little desk calendars I found when I was cleaning out. (only a year or so old...LOL). Anyways, they made me smile....

"This elevator is out of whack.
More whack is on order."
-sign on an elevator door

"We would be delighted if you'd pay your bill.
However, if you don't, you will be."
-sign at an electric company (i had to read this one a couple of times before I got it....LOL)

"FOR SALE: R.D. Jones has one sewing machine for sale. Phone 555-0707 after 7pm and ask for Mrs. Kelly who lives with him cheap."

"NOTICE: We regret having erred in R.D. Jones's ad yesterday. It should have read: One sewing machine for sale. Cheap. Phone 555-0707 and ask for Mrs. Kelly who lives with him after 7pm."

"NOTICE: R.D. Jones has informed us that he has received several annoying telephone calls because of the error we made in his classified ad yesterday. His ad stands corrected as follows: R.D. Jones has one sewing machine for sale. Cheap. Phone 555-0707 and ask Mrs. Kelly who loves with him."

"NOTICE: I, R.D. Jones, have NO sewing machine for sale. I smashed it. Don't call 555-0707, as the telephone has been disconnected. I have not been carrying on with Mrs. Kelly. Until yesterday she was my housekeeper, but she quit."

{{{{{LOL!}}}}}}

Have a great day!
Later!

1 comment:

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)