Tuesday, September 05, 2006

WELL.....

UGH! blogger is SUPER weird about pictures (and today its being weird about text....the pictures are showing and the text is here but it wont post. GRRR....never mind it just posted the text...YAY....at least I didn't lose it!).....well....its a free blog....guess I can't complain. *grin*

Anyways, been a couple days since I posted....I've been a busy lil chick. Did you think I was killed by the ant army? ROFL! Speaking of the ant army...let me just say that I recommend this stuff called TERRO....you can buy it at Lowes. It is some POWERFUL potion, let me tell ya! The parade is GONE! Not a single trail left. And there were HUNDREDS crawling over that trap and taking that yummy stuff back to their nest....it was SO discusting....I really wanted to just pick up the traps while the ants were inside and go on another cleaning frenzy. EW. Oh and by the way, if you ever need to use those ant traps in the liquid version, let me just warn you...DON'T pick it up and tilt it to see how many ants are in it. It REALLY stirs them up b/c the liquid drowns them so they will all come RUNNING out of the trap and you don't really realize how many ants that thing will hold at one time until they all come running out. Don't ask me how I know....just let me say it was REALLY hard to NOT go ballistic at the sight. *grin* At least I can smile now....my house is ant-less....I hope forever. If not....bwahahaha....I will bring out the powerful "potion" *grin*. It really is amazing that after those traps were out for a day, that that many ants just...disappeared! Somewhere under the floor, I'm sure is a pile of dead ants. Better there than on my desk! Shoulda got one of those traps to start with...would have saved me a ton of cleaning (LOL). Oh well.

So after watching one too many home improvement shows on tv while we were on vacation....I got home and felt like (FINALLY) doing something to my bathroom. We painted the entire house before we moved in (we are so not boring antique white people....no offense to anyone who is), but we didn't do the bathrooms...we figured we'd just do those later. Well...a little over a year later, neither one has been painted OR decorated.....until yesterday.
So Sunday afternoon (after church of course), we went to Lowes and I picked out these colors (sheesh, paint is SO expensive!). So we got home and I started painting the edges. I got most of that done and then after church Sunday night, I finished those and KC rolled it for me. It looks like a peanut butter milkshake....MMM. Then I had bought an ivy stencil a long time ago, and I wanted to use it....so on my day off yesterday, I started on it.






Oh my goodness....almost 12 hours of work later.....I ended up with this.
Pictures really don't do it justice....it looks so much better in real life. Its a three part stencil....you put one color on, then you layer the next stencil over it and put a second color, then the third stencil for the third and fourth colors (I had to mix the two greens for a darker color so it would show up on the peanut butter).

I don't have pictures of all of it....there is the stuff behind the door, over the top and down both sides of the mirror, and then a smaller little section in the left corner over the shower. It looks really awesome even if it DID take forever! I had some SERIOUS neck achin' by the time I finished. I started around 9-ish and finished about 8:30...no breaks (only stopped to pour a drink a couple of times and at lunch I took two minutes to stick some popcorn in the microwave....but then I ate it while I was working....brush in one hand, popcorn in the other.) And naughty me, I didn't stop for supper and I didn't eat breakfast before I started....so the popcorn and dr pepper was the only sustenance for the day....I didn't even notice that I was hungry. So once I finished painting, I cleaned all my mess up, put all the paints away, and then I unpacked all our clothes from the trip and straightened the rest of the house....and still got in bed by 10:15....not too shabby for a lazy butt like me. *grin* Some days I feel good about myself. (Its rare, but it does happen occasionally) Okay and I admit to taking a little teensy bit of pride in my work (only a little...promise...LOL)....I kept walking in the bathroom after it was all put back together to admire my work...and you know me, I had to criticize it a bit, too...I'm too much of a perfectionist. The little mistakes...I did those on purpose....just so I couldn't be perfect. ROFL....just kidding. It was really me just being myself: Klutz....Kapital K! *GRIN*

Blah blah blah....nothing important to say. Back at work again...feels like I never had any time off....why IS that? Good thing I took pictures b/c its already a blur. *sigh*

Well...need to get busy...gotta get caught up.

Later!

2 comments:

  1. ok your bathroom looks WAY COOL!
    GO YOU! I know I wouldn't have done all that in one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw thanks....*grin* I'm pretty happy with it. =) But I don't know that I'd do it again, at least not in one day....LOL

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)