Thursday, August 31, 2006

Hunkered Down

Okay....so its been a leetle teensy tiny bit freaky the last couple of hours. We're just tourists....we're not used to this kind of weather events back home in the piedmont of NC. I've seen storms, but the wind howling and flinging rain....not to mention the lightning....well....yeah. It's a little freaky. The door to the condo sounds like one of those movies where unearthly beings are howling outside trying to get in....and if you try to open it (yeah, I tried cuz I couldn't figure out what that noise was) it blows in on you and you have to put full body force against it to get it to shut back. weird. DEFINITELY!

And mom, if you're reading this....do NOT flip out. We are perfectly safe. If you find out tomorrow morning that all twelve stories of this condominium washed out to sea, then you can worry....otherwise...try not to, okay? I know how you are. *grin* and i LOVE you, mom! Stop worrying. I'm doing enough for both of us, trust me. ROFL!

Hopefully this will blow on through shortly and the weather will perk up again tomorrow. Today wasn't too bad. We went out for lunch since it looked like we'd be stayin in for supper. Anyways, we drove down to Colonial Mall on 17 and hung out in Books A Million for awhile. The perfect rainy day activity. *smiles* Oh and did I mention that I took several naps between doing laundry (yes, even on vacation, some things never end)....anywhoo, it was SO nice to curl up on the couch with a cozy blanket and sleep IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY!!!! Yes! I am almost happy that one day of our vacation was totally stuck on indoor activities....for all those days that I have to sit at a stinkin desk and work when its soo rainy and dreary outside and can't take a nap.....today was TRUE vacation! *smiles*

BUT....being indoors all day.....really made me realize how much....I MISS MY BAAAAABIES! WAHHHHHHH. Alright...whine over.

Okay that is like some serious wind, ya'll. I have to raise my voice to get KC to hear me....and he's sitting about 6 feet away from me...okay maybe slight exaggeration....but it IS loud!

I'm off now....

Later, ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)