Thursday, August 24, 2006

Attack of the Ants and other random details

Well...yesterday evening was not exactly one of the best nights of my life! Let me tell ya....it was downright aggravating! I didn't get to go to church b/c I got home from work last night and having absolutely no previous warning signs of this, found a couple ants on the floor in the living room....and on closer inspection....it was more than a few....like we're talking at least a couple of hundred. I mean, this happened like overnight....there was no sign of any six-legged critters the night before...or even yesterday morning. So I was up until 11:15 trying to get a grip on the ant infestation before we go out of town. *SIGH* I'm exhausted! I gave serious consideration to taking a picture to post on here, but they were those really little ants, and I didn't have the time to figure out how to make my camera take a good picture. So you'll just have to picture it in your head.

Yep, so as soon as I ate some supper, skin crawling the whole time (isn't it interesting how being around bugs or thinking about it does that to you?) I went straight down to wallyworld last night and picked up the deluxe ant traps and RAID spray that kills on contact. Then I came back home and sprayed all the ones I found and waited for the floor to dry. While I was waiting I beat the kitchen rug and sprayed it and cleaned off all the possible crumb (food) areas in the kitchen...including the crumb tray in the toaster oven and all the countertops and EVERYTHING. Once all the sprays on the floor dried, I swept all the ants and trash up, mopped the floor (like REALLY good...behind the furniture and everything and used a stronger mix of Murphy's Oil Soap) and then put the traps down and sprayed the spray in the crack at the front door (which is where it looked like they were coming in at). I also had to sweep and mop down the hallway and then I vacuumed all the bedrooms and living room furniture all the way down to under the sofa cushions....I SO meant business. Then I changed the vacuum cleaner bag (in case there were any live ants to crawl out) and took out the trash (in case any that were swept up dared to live).

There are NO ANTS ALLOWED in my house! I actually got up several times last night to go in and make sure my floor was still clean and antless. *GRIN* ....on the bright side, the living area of the house is SPOTLESS!

Yes, its me....{drumroll please}....Faith ~ the mighty ant killer!!! ROFL!

One thing is for sure....if I get home this afternoon and I see an ant.....Faith will not be the ant killer, she will be the cow haver! ROFL!!!!!

Anywhoo.....thats the story of my life for the day. Only one day and 2 hours and 5 minutes left of work until vacation. YAY! So excited. Can't wait. Can't get here soon enough.

Oh yeah....had to laugh when I saw LL today....her skirt is a hawaiian print from the 20's at least....and its worn about 6 inches above her actual waist....its very.....um....yellow. bright. yellow. I asked one of her favorite guys if he had a picture of her that I could have....his response?

"I'll have to look around a little and see- we might have a print somewhere we could scan. It's tough because we generally try to keep cameras away from {LL} ; you understand."

ROFL!!!

Okay....catch ya....Later!

2 comments:

  1. you go girl! that is some serious business you were talking about w/ those ants. Nice to have the house so clean for you to return to after vacation.
    I sure do hope you don't turn into 'Faith the cow haver'! rofl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you go girl! that is some serious business you were talking about w/ those ants. Nice to have the house so clean for you to return to after vacation.
    I sure do hope you don't turn into 'Faith the cow haver'! rofl!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)