Saturday, July 01, 2006

What a DAY!

So I wake up with a stinkin headache this morning at SIX FIFTEEN. That's like fifteen minutes earlier than I usually get up for work...and today was my day off. Do you know how irritating that is? I tried to go back to bed after I took some headache medicine but no such luck.

So finally about 9ish it goes away and then one of my friends calls and wants me to come over to the flea market cuz she's sellin some stuff at one of the tables. (I should insert here that I was on my own today since KC was over at a friends house helping him put up siding.) So I get dressed and head over there and hang out for about an hour....then another friend that was over there happened to "lose" her girl and couldn't find her so we walked over the place to find her. I say "lose" but the girl is 12 and wasn't really lost, she just was walking around with a friend and stayed gone a little too long and a little too far away. Which kinda worried the mom. Understandably so. Worried me, too, since I happen to know what kind of perverts are out there. Anyways, all is well that ends well but we spent at least 30 minutes looking for her and panicking before we did find her. =)

Back home again finally, and still alone, (poor me...LOL...actually, not b/c I got a lot done) I work on my computer for a few hours and get the photoblog rearranged a bit which takes a couple hours. That was kinda fun...I was really not expecting to have any free time today since KC told me to leave my schedule open for us to do something today (although he didn't specify what). So I didn't schedule anything and he ended up being busy which left me with a free day. Kinda nice actually. Okay I'm sidetracked here.

Anyways, so then I call KC and find out that he's not going to be home for awhile, so I run some stuff for work over to the festival for the booth volunteers and end up hanging out in the booth for about an hour or so and listening to a couple local bands playin bluegrass. Pretty fun but toasty out there....

Back to the house again and finally realize that I might as well just fix meself something to eat since its around 3 now and all I've had is half a lil debbie cake and a rootbeer (probably why I got a little, teeny-tiny bit lightheaded at the flea-market earlier in the day...oops....sorry mom....i'm still working on my eating habits). Anyways, KC gets home and gets a shower and then he lays down for a nap while I work on some lovely laundry and read a book. (The book was fun...remember when I said I'd rather read a book than do my chores? LOL)

Bout 5:30 or so, we're ready to go again and head back over to the FeStIvAl on the Greenway to hear....dum da da dummmmmm

Okay the picture isn't posting. Don't know what's up with that. How irritating since I finally have a picture to post. GRRR. Ah well...I'll just tell ya...

The Kenny & Amanda Smith Band. And they were AWESOME! We stayed through that and then Mountain Heart came onstage...they were cool, too. I thought I was going to DIE though when these two rednecks got right up in front of the stage and started "dancing." Not that I call what they were doing dancing...it was really really REALLY disCUSTING. Glad we were sitting in the booth off to the side and not the middle of the front row. I'd have HAD to move. YUCK. Wouldn't have been so bad if they'd been maybe 150 pounds lighter and a little less....um....jiggly...and if the jiggly part wasn't hanging out as far. ROFL!!!! Not to mention the fact that when they started slow dancing I felt like telling them to get a room. EW. What was really funny is that the guys in the band even made a couple of smart comments about it and they didn't even get embarrassed. Everybody was cracking up....

Other than the sideshow, the bluegrass music was pretty fun (until it started storming right before the end of the show...oops...somebody forgot to inform the weather). I'm supposed to be in the booth to actually WORK on Monday night from 5-9 and the Grascals are going to be there then...so that should be pretty fun. Although, while I was in the booth today, I actually got put to work a couple times when people had questions about station business stuff and all that.

And that my friends is my weekend thus far. Maybe I can get that picture to post later. *sigh* Irritating that it won't since I have a serious lack of pictures on this thing (they all seem to migrate over to the photoblog...LOL....duh...guess that is why its called a photo....). Anyways. Maybe later.

On that note.....

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)