Thursday, July 20, 2006

WELLLLLLLL....wonders never cease

Look, look, look....pictures...with my REAL camera instead of the stinky lil (but handy) camera phone. Theees, me friend, is my lovely house. Oh yeah, it's KC's, too....LOL. My porch is COVERED with potted plants. I think I went a little crazy. I was telling my friend, Susan, about my many pots....and I counted them up when I was telling her....SHEESH...no wonder I spend so much time watering....I didn't realize I had THIS MANY POTS. And this picture really doesn't even show all the pots on the steps or around the side and next to the garage. Yikes. I think there's upwards of 35-40 pots....most of them are alive an well.
I say most b/c a couple look like this. Not because I haven't watered them (although KC doesn't believe me when I say that) but because they're OVER CROWDED. Out of this lovely pot of dying plants, I threw away about 4 plants, planted a mum in the center and 3-4 plants on each end and then planted some "rescue attempts" in another flower box down below the next picture. Sheesh....can we say claustrophobia?




So this is the pot AFTER removing about 10 plants and adding one. Looks much better, don't ya think? Actually its not the same pot, b/c I forgot to take before and after pictures, but since I've only done two of the four, I used one of the "not done" pots for the before and they're the same size and have the same number of plants...so its not REALLY cheating. *GRIN*
And this is the rescue attempts. Don't know if they'll survive, but we shall see.......maybe I have the makings of a green thumb after all....



Thats it for now....might (yes MIGHT) come back later and post again. I just wanted to post these pics for Susan and whoever else might be interested in my flowerpot fetish. LOL.

Later.

3 comments:

  1. What a cute house! I love it!
    And I love the porch and plants!
    I think you're right! I do believe you have QUITE the green thumb there!
    Keep it up, girl!

    Susan

    P.S. LOVE those Sweet Williams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous home you have!
    I'm a flower fanatic too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so,, you're a pot head??? I mean a flower pot head!!!!

    Are you ready for CK?????

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)