Friday, June 02, 2006

Procrastination and other such things

Well...so I was reading some of my bookmarked blogs today (courtesy of bloglines -- which is very helpful when you have a lot of blogs to read and don't want to go to every one to check for updates) and I was reading "All Kinds Of Writing" and here's a little interesting tidbit they wrote:

"And procrastination? What do we do about that? One way to battle procrastination caused by anxiety is to think of another project, bigger, more demanding and frightening. The idea is to trigger anxiety that working back on your original project you avoided would be a way to procrastinate that new big one. Your original project becomes the fun project, the one you waste time with and avoid deadlines, the one that's easier to work on. Apparently it works."
Anyways....I might have to try that (LATER OF COURSE)...ya know, when I think about it though, that might actually work....

So this is from the one of the same authors whose works I was reading about effective blogging. However, this was about the only article on this topic that I could remotely identify with...the other ones I read were the ones that caused me to write the previous post regarding blogging effectiveness. LOL.

Moving on...not a lot happenin today. Yesterday was not a good day, got some bad news regarding future plans, not to mention the fact that I was sick and not feeling very perky most of the day. BUT TODAY, my friends, is FRIDAY! And that makes me very happy. I love love love Fridays. Almost as much as I love KC.....hehehe....KIDDING OF COURSE!! LOL.

Catch ya LATER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)