Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Old Habits Die Hard

And ain't that the truth? After a long hard look at myself last night, I resolved to get my mind and thoughts back under control as they seem to be travelling to places that I do not want them to be. Course, thats going to take God's help...I very obviously can't do it on my own. Today I realized that this is going to be harder than I thought...but I'm not givin up...its gonna happen. Today has been better in some regards with this issue, but its so easy to slip back into a certain way of thinking and conversation without even realizing it. I caught myself today heading back into that "way of thinking" when talking to a friend and had to change the subject before I got myself in trouble. BUT except for that little "slip-up" I've done good today....which is a major improvement over some days. This shouldn't be that difficult. I can and I will do this. I will not let my stupid "way of thinking" defeat me. With God ALL things are possible. I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengtheneth me.

Well, that paragraph was for me...I just had to get it out...pep talk for myself. Its kind of a downer that I even need one. I really just want to go home and crawl in bed and pull the covers over my head. SO I think thats all I'm gonna post for now...I don't think I have it in me to be cheerful today, and rather than gripe and complain or try to fake happy, I think I'm just going to head out. Hopefully my normally happy self will return tomorrow.

Later.

PS...this song just came on the radio...suits my mood

...Jesus, take the wheel, take it from my hands
Cause i can't do this on my own
I'm letting go...so give me one more chance
Save me from this road I'm on
Jesus, take the wheel...

...I'm sorry for the way I've been living my life
I know I've got to change
So from now on tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)