Monday, June 19, 2006

Another Garfield Day

It is Monday and I think this is the longest time that I have gone without posting. Four whole days. *sigh* I have been in some serious withdrawal....LOL....just kidding...actually, I was too busy to miss it much.

It was great to have a long weekend, but I don't feel like I got much "time off." I think I worked harder and did more being "off" than I do here at work. *smiles* Desk work is so much easier than house work.

Wednesday night and Thursday morning I did laundry and cleaned the house and got ready for Baby G's pictures. After that was done (couple hours for that), put the house back together and packed our bags and hit the road for TN.

We were at campmeeting until Saturday (and in case you aren't familiar with that term...think three church services and food/fellowship in between services...kind of like a big family reunion since we don't see a lot of those folks except at campmeeting every year or so) and we left after lunch on Saturday and came back to NC and visited with KC's stepdad for Father's day.

Sunday was church at our regular congregation and then after the morning service we went to my dad's to see him for Father's day. Got home around 9pm and worked on sizing and editing Baby G's pictures until 11pm.

Definitely related to Garfield this morning in that I did NOT want to get up. It was kind of funny b/c KC leaves anywhere between 5 and 6am and when he leaves, he sets the alarm for me to get up around 6-6:30. I ask him my standard question, "Did you set the alarm" and he replies, "Yep." I say, "set it for 6 b/c I need to get a few things done before I leave." Then he goes, "well, its 6 now." I'm like, "oh...okay...set it for 6:15." ROFL....and at 6:15 I STILL didn't want to get up. But I did and now I'm at work. SO....there was absolutely NO time in there for R&R. *sigh* Which is why I am so dog tired and sleepy today. *double sigh*

Anyways, I'm in love with Baby G....I had so much fun taking his pictures. I snapped like 350 pictures...ROFL! I think about 1/3 of them turned out cute, so I'm having a hard time choosing which ones to work with. I have only gotten through about MAYBE 15 or so of the 1/3 good ones....teehehe....this is bad. But he's such a darlin, I couldn't resist. I took a couple of him with his parents, too....they were harder....I had trouble getting them to all look the same direction. And if Baby G was lookin cute, Mom and Dad weren't looking, or I needed to adjust the lighting or something. I definitely need to work on my family skills. But I did get a couple to turn out okay. I'm ready to get the other ones gone through and edited so I can get them to her before his second birthday....LOL. Procrastinator, that's me.

Tonight a guy from the Philippines who oversees about 50 churches over there will be at the church doing a talk on the missions over there. That should be interesting. I know KC will be interested since he went on a mission trip over there a couple years ago. But that just means that tonight we'll be busy, too.

Lord, I just need some time to rest and get some things done. HELP. This weekend we're talking about going to OH to see KC's grandma, so if that works out, thats another weekend that we will be completely worn out from travelling. *sigh* Our poor cats are going into withdrawal. Their humans have "busy disorder" *grin*

Well...thats about as random as it gets today. See ya.....

Later!

2 comments:

  1. I so know what you mean about being tired after a weekend like that.... but it's kind of a 'good' tired ya know? I love camp time!
    Glad to see you posting again, cause I've been checking and missing ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks for the comments, denise. Its nice to be missed...

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)