Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Better Part of My Saturday

Okay...I was going to come back last night and post this, but KC ended up wanting to go out last night to the lovely hotspot of Walmart...LOL. That and grocery shopping. I had to stock up on beans and rice since thats about all my lunches are going to consist of for the next 3 months. Its either that or cut out my scrapping budget, and I'm sure not gonna do that, so the lunch money is going to go. *GRIN* Gotta pay for car repairs somehow. *SIGH*

Okay on that depressing note, lets get on to the real topic of this post. I went back to my cousins house for another scrap day. It was just three of us yesterday, but I had a good time anyways. I got two whole pages done (wow, huh?)

Anyways, this is the first page of it, which I like, but I think I'm going to change part of the second page (so I'm not going to post it). I tried that new trend of doodling on your pages....I did the second page first, so when I came back and doodled on the first page, I'd had practice so I was happier with the results. The "practice" doodling didn't turn out so hot. BUT, I am a bit of a perfectionist, so it probably isn't that bad, I'M just not happy with it. This page, though, I like. You can't really see the doodling on the pink paper all that well in the picture...I tried to darken it a little in photoshop, but I couldn't get it to show up much. You can see the doodling around the journalling though. I kind of like this technique. Its a lot easier than some other things and pretty cheap, too. *Grin*

I've got to spend some more time scrapping though, this was the first set of pictures I have put in this years album and last years only goes through May...LOL. Naughty me. On the bright side though, I did get this page completely finished...I'm terrible to scrap a page and leave the journalling off, and think I'll go back later and do it....and later never happens. *sigh* Last years pages (before May) need a lot of journalling done.

One thing I have noticed, however, is that journalling is much easier since I have started writing on this blog. To me, this blog is sort of like journalling without the scrapbook....and its making it more comfortable to journal IN the scrapbook.

Well, anyways, nuff said for today. Gotta get moving...we have to go up to my mother-in-law's before church to pick up some plants...

Later.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to the doodling. I am so afraid of messing up my LO. I like it though, it looks good.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)