Tuesday, April 04, 2006

More Insanity

Can it GET any worse? I'm beginning to wonder. I thought when the fund drive ended I'd be able to breathe again, but the surface is not yet in sight and the only thing that I got when I gulped for air was a mouthful of water....I'm so drowning.

SO the fund drive ended, and we hired a Development Assistant for our department (mostly to help the drowning membership lady) so I have spent the last week training her in between rearranging the office space here as we've had to adjust to fit her in. Then we've also been slammed from post fund drive tasks (such as recovering from recent caffeine addictions among other things that are slightly more work related...LOL) and the icing on the cake is that I have been sicker than a dog. I suddenly find myself much more sympathetic to poor Job's plight. Please God, no boils. I already have about five diagnosed problems that are both painful and irritating, and today I have no voice. I wake up this morning and find that I make more noise by whispering. I hope I don't get kidnapped before my voice returns...I screamed at the top of my lungs and it sounded like a mouse had stopped by to say hello. On second thought, this could actually come in handy...now when I get frustrated by something here at work, I can just scream out my frustrations like I have always felt like doing without shutting the door or finding some other sound muffler AND NOT GET IN TROUBLE! AHA, there I have found it...the silver lining. Now, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)