Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Bits & Pieces

Isn't it amazing how you can look at a pieces of something and not see the whole pictures yet together the random pieces give you the essence of what you were trying to capture? I found this cool idea in my favorite Photoshop CS2 book (CS2 for Digital Photographers) and I think I'm going to have to do this on some other topics. I really like the effect and the printed version is awesome! It almost looks professional....LOL.

I wish I could go back to places I've been in my life and do something like this with pictures....like my grandma's house when I was growing up. Little clips I'd like to get from that little old house: Grandpa's old wooden rocking chair next to the stove, the ancient handmade layers of quilts on the bed in the spare bedroom where I slept when I got to spend the night with "mamaw", "papaw's" old shaving paraphernalia sittin on the side of the kitchen sink, the cool little cubby in the closet under the stairs, the green metal front porch swing on the front porch where everyone sat when the family all gathered together for Sunday dinner, the attic window that I used to climb out of to sit on the porch roof to watch the neighborhood and dream about having a life, the old refridgerator on the back porch that had to be manually defrosted where "papaw" kept the watermelons in the summertime, the old woodstove in the kitchen that they still cooked on from time to time even after they had a "modern, electric" stove, the woodshed with the ancient tools hung out of reach of the grandkids, oh that place has so many memories. I have since drove by, but its not the same anymore. Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)