Thursday, March 09, 2006

Wimpy me

I am so exhausted. Leanna and I got our exercise in today. We ran together for about a mile, then I got my rollerblades out (thinking in my silly little mind that they would be less exhausting) and I bladed and she ran for another 2 miles. UNFORTUNATELY, its been three hours since we got back and I'm still hurting. LOL. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for that one huge long hill on the other side of the loop. It almost killed me. It was WAY worse than running. I'd coast down the hill, race across the level .25 mile strip to get my speed up, and try to make it as far up the hill as possible before losing momentum. However, the hill is steep and a little over .25 mile long (and seemed like 3.25 miles long) and I only got maybe .25 of the .25 mile hill behind me before my legs (along with the rest of my body) were screaming. Unlike running, however, when you're on blades, you can't stop and walk when your body threatens to shut down, you must go on or die. I went on. And then I went the second mile. Just like in everything else, the second mile is definitely the hardest, but I made it. I think I'll stick to walking/running for the next few days...or else find a level lot to do my blading in....
Oh, and something else thats really sad (besides how out of shape I am) is that I'm losing my running partner. Leanna told me this morning that she's turned in her notice and her last day here is March 21st. So now that I'm getting moving, I'm going to have to find someone else. Very sad. I'll miss her. Speaking of work...I should get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)