Sunday, March 12, 2006

A Morning Drive













This is a cool old house off of Hwy 64 that I drive by every day on my way to and from work. Every time I drive by I wonder who lived there and in my imagination, I try to picture it seventy or eighty years ago. Maybe when the road in front of it was just gravel, or an old one lane asphalt drive, and the windows still had all the panes in them. Who lived there? Was it a young woman like me, still pretty much a newlywed, were there kids sleeping in the loft? What was it like when the yard was being tended and the vines grown up around it now weren't there? What stories does that old house hold? We drive by now, at a glance, would you think someone had ever lived there? Today, we'd look at it and think, "no way, thats too small" but we're so spoiled. Maybe they were richer than we think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)