Friday, February 24, 2006

High Maintenance

Why is everything in life so high maintenance? Everything requires extra effort and I'm running out of extra effort. I'm running out of effort, period! Take for instance, our hardwood floors...they are only 8 months old and were beautiful up until about 2 weeks ago. I've faithfully (well, pretty much faithfully anyways) swept and mopped them and they have remained beautiful through it all. So what happened? They looked a little dirty, so I mopped last week and I can't figure out what happened. I used the same stuff I've been using but now, they look dull and streaky. So I put out the extra effort to go FIND some different floor polish for wood floors, mopped it again, and still, I'm making it worse. Now I'm getting mad. I've mopped the dumb floor 4 times this week (that's a record) and its not getting any better. I'm thinking, maybe its the mop, so I go to Lowes, buy some expensive floor treatment, get on my hands and knees with a soft towel and test in in a small corner (no way am I mopping the whole floor because if it doesn't work, I'm taking that stuff back). So I polish and buff my 8 square inches of floor and...yep...you guessed it...still no banana. So I sit there in my little 8 inches and try all the different floor polishes of which I am now the proud owner. I even tried furniture polish. That floor is NOT working with me. I'm turning this problem over to KC. Maybe he can find something that will fix it. In my next life, I'm putting the wood floors on the ceiling so no one can walk on them and get them dirty. How's that for a low maintenance system?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)